The Gender justice cell and Cell for studies in media law, National Law Institute University, Bhopal is organizing the second edition of National Seminar on Gender Issues in Media on the 24th and 26th of March.
The Cells recognize that there is a need for legal reforms and community sensitization regarding gender issues in media. These issues, though obvious, have gone unaddressed till now.
In light of increased crimes against women and the underlying patriarchy of the Indian society, we believe that such a seminar is imperative to provide a platform for experts, academicians, researchers, students and other like-minded people to come together and discuss the problems at hand, the possible solutions and the strategies for executing the same.
The seminar includes Call for papers, Documentary making, photo-story and caricature.
- Media coverage of crimes against women.
- Developing transgender identity through social media.
- Gender stereotypes in entertainment industry.
Dates and details of submission:
The presentation is spanned over three days,the 24th to 26th of March 2017
Last date of submission for papers is 1st of March 2017.
The last date of submission of abstracts is February 25, 2017.
Prizes of Rs. 5000, Rs. 4000 and Rs. 3000 to the top 3 papers are also applicable.
- The submissions may be emailed to [email protected] in Microsoft Word (.doc or. docx) format.
- The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with affiliation.
For more information click on here.