A National Seminar on ‘Social Media and Democratic Discourse’ (30 – 31 October, 2014) is being organized by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication of the EFL University, Shillong Campus in partnership with UNICEF Assam.
The seminar will seek to pose pertinent issues related to Social media and the democratic discourse. This potential transformation of democratic institutions shows the fruitfulness of thinking about cyberspace in political terms that are related to the sort of publicness that it generates. On the other hand, such a potential public sphere can be secured only through innovative institutions.
1. Social media and performing democracy.
2. Digital Democracy and its Challenges.
3. Social Media and Representation.
4. Civil Society and Social Media: Conflicts and Contestations.
5. Civil Society and Social Marginality: Voices of the disenfranchised.
6. Social Media, Civil Society and Child Rights.
7. Social Media, Civil Society and Public Sphere: Concerns of Gender.
The abstract for the presentation should not exceed 250 words. Kindly give at least 3 keywords for your abstract in an alphabetical format. Along with the abstract kindly send your Name, Designation, Institutional affiliation,Office address, email id and phone number.
Academicians, Faculty members, media practitioners, social media professionals, interested research scholars and post graduate students are encouraged to participate and send their abstracts on or before 21 September, 2014 to email@example.com (Please give the subject as Abstract for CHIME 2014 National Seminar)
1. Last Date for Abstract submission: 21 September, 2014 (Sunday)
2. Acceptance notification of shortlisted abstract: 26 September, 2014 (Friday)
3. Last date for registration and confirmation for participation: 10 October, 2014 (Friday)
4. Full Paper Submission of the selected abstract: 25 October, 2014 (Friday)
5. Seminar Commences: 30 – 31 October, 2014
Mr. Alankar Kaushik
More information can be accessed on the Official Brochure HERE.