The National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi in association with Centre for Consumer Studies Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi is organising a National Seminar on Rural Consumers and The Market – Issues and Challenges during August 16-17, 2013.
Call for Papers
- Papers are invited from the event organizing committee on relevant areas of study.
- People with diverse academic backgrounds are welcome to submit their papers and, subject to selection by peer review process, communication of acceptance will be sent to selected authors for presentation of their papers before the august congregation during event dates.
- Participants are requested to send their filled in registration form to the Coordinator of the event organizing committee.
- Globalization, market and the rural consumer
- Protection of rural consumer: law and policy
- Problems of indigenous (tribal) consumers
- Consumer protection and vulnerable sections of the society
- Rural consumers and the service sector
- Consumer protection and public awareness in rural market
- Consumer protection and the role of media
- Role of civil society in protection of rural consumers
- Consumer protection movement and the rural market
- Strategic analysis for protection of rural consumers
- Allied issues relevant to the theme
Guidelines for submission of papers
- Text of paper should be written in MS Word 2007.
- Times New Roman, 12 Font, with 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 Font, with single line spacing.
- Citation style should conform to the Harvard Blue Book, 19th ed., so far as possible.
- Joint authorship, if any, should not exceed two (2) in number.
- Abstract should be limited to 200-250 words.
- Complete paper (including keywords, abstract and footnotes) should be limited to 5000-6000 words.
- Any submission or communication should be sent to <email@example.com>.
For clarification, dial the Coordinator or Treasurer.
- After notification of acceptance for selected papers on our website, those willing to present their papers should submit their registration form along with demand drafts in favour of the “Registrar, NUSRL, Ranchi payable at Ranchi“.
- Registration fees, once received, are not refundable. The amount of spot payment (of registration fees) by cash may be allowed provided that this information is communicated by e-mail on or before deadline for receiving filled in registration form.
Important dates to be noted
- July 25, 2013 (Thursday). Deadline for receiving abstracts through e-mail
- July 29, 2013 (Monday). Notification of accepted abstracts on official website of our institution <nusrlranchi.com>
- August 3, 2013 (Saturday). Deadline for receiving filled in registration form (along with demand draft for registration fees) by post
- August 5, 2013 (Monday). Deadline for receiving complete seminar papers through e-mail
- August 16-17, 2013 (Friday-Saturday). National Seminar.
- August 31, 2013 (Saturday). Deadline for submission of the presented papers after revision in the light of comment or suggestion by Chair of the session
I. Within deadline:
- For Students- (a) One author – Rs.500/- (b) Two authors – Rs.900/-
- For Students- (a) One author – Rs.750/- (b) Two authors – Rs.1,350/-
- In case of one student and another non-student, Rs. 1125/-
II. Beyond deadline:
- For Students- (a) One author – Rs.750/- (b) Two authors – Rs.1350/-
- For Students- (a) One author – Rs.1000/- (b) Two authors – Rs.1800/-
- In case of one student and another non-student, Rs. 1575/-
Also there is a provision for spot payment (by cash). Amount of registration fees are double of what is fixed for registration fees within deadline. Only participants present in the seminar premises will be issued their certificates of participation.
If paper is presented by co-author, subject to discretion of the organizing committee, written statement may be issued in favour of the absentee.
For further details, contact Mr. A. K. Sengupta, Registrar, NUSRL, Ranchi – (contact no. +91-651-227-5168)
For more information related to thematic inference and list of important dates you can refer to the brochure HERE.