The proposed international conference will generate debate on the major problems faced by the SAARC countries in promoting intra-regional economic integration to facilitate investmentsboth intra SAARC and from outside. It will also debate on the opportunities and challenges of identifying and implementing the policy regimes aimed at deepening integration in trade, investment and service sectors.
1. SAARC Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement : Issues and Concerns
2. Harmonization of Regulatory Mechanism in SAARC : Concern for Investment
3. Bilateralism among SAARC countries: Trade and Investment
4. GMR- Maldives Fiasco : Lessons for South Asia
5. FDI Policies in South Asia : Focus on India
6. Political Instability and Investments in SAARC : Challenges and Response
7. WTO/ TRIMS and SAARC : The Regional Experience
Dates to be marked off on your calendar
- The Conference will be held on April 5th and 6th, 2013.
- February 28 : Last date for receipt of Title and Abstract of Paper.
- March 05 : Intimation regarding the selection of the Abstract for the presentation.
- March 30 : Submission of Full paper
Paper Submission Guidelines:
1. Eligibility: Participants willing to send papers must be practicing lawyers, scholars or law students currently in college in India or abroad.
2. Abstract Submission guidelines: The abstract should adhere to the same format guidelines as for the paper and must be restricted only to 500 words.
3. Format of the Submission: The paper should be in the English language, typed on A-4 sized paper, double spaced and Times New Roman Script. The pages should be consecutively numbered. The mode of citation is the Harvard Bluebook Citation, 19th edition. The paper should not exceed 5000 words.
4. Authorship: Participants may send papers written either on their own or co-authored jointly with a maximum of one other participant.
5. All professionals, faculty and students interested in attending this conference can register by paying the registration fees as mentioned below:
- Professionals: Rs. 2000/-
- Academicians: Rs. 1000/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
6. All delegates and short-listed participants will be offered local hospitability which includes food, accommodation and local transport.
7. Registration fees must be sent by way of a Cheque or Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, NALSAR University of Law payable at Hyderabad with an enclosed letter specifying the name, professional qualification and registration category of the participant to the following address, on or before March 4th, 2013.
8. All correspondence about the paper including submissions and clarifications must be sent to Prof. V. Balakista Reddy, Professor of International Law & Coordinator, M.K. Nambyar SAARCLAW Centre, Justice City, Shameerpet, R.R.Dist, Hyderabad –500078.
Full details are here.