Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai announces the launching of their flagship journal – MNLU Mumbai Law Review and call for papers for the first issue.
The MNLU Mumbai Law Review is an academically-led, blind peer-reviewed, bi-annual journal, which aims to publish high-quality scholarship on law and legal studies spanning all areas including comparative, international and multi-disciplinary perspectives.
It offers a forum for the community of scholars both within and outside India to take a broad inter-disciplinary approach to the study of law; thereby reaching a wide readership, including legal academics, social scientists, jurist, students.
- Submission of Manuscript for the first issue : April 30, 2017
- Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance of papers : May 15, 2017
- Publication of first issue : June 2017
Contributions are invited from author(s) for any one of the following four sections of the Journal.
1. Long Articles of 5000 to 7000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
2. Short Articles of 3000 to 4000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
3. Case Comment /Legislative Critique & Notes upto 2500 words (inclusive of footnotes)
4. Book Review upto 2000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words, inclusive of 5 (five) keywords.
The title page should include the title, author’s names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including email address and telephone number.
- Formatting Style : The paper should be typed on standard A4 size page, with one-inch margin on each side and has to be in MS Word format (.doc or .docx).
- Font type: Times New Roman; Font size for body text: 12; Line spacing: 1.5.
- Font size for footnotes: 10; however two separate footnotes should be double-spaced. Reference style shall follow 19th Bluebook edition.
All Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries you may contact Mr. Sajid Sheikh : +91 9550965275 or Mr. Ashok Chikte : +91 9921955734.
- Patron-In-Chief: Hon’ble Justice Shri. S. A. Bobde, Chancellor, MNLU Mumbai
- Editor-In-Chief: Prof. (Dr.) Bhavani Prasad Panda, Vice-Chancellor, MNLU Mumbai
- Editor: Ms. Swatee Yogessh, Assistant Professor
- Associate Editors: Ms. Saumya Uma, Assistant Professor; Mr. Upamanyu Sengupta, Assistant Professor and Mr. Sajid Sheikh, Research Fellow
MNLU Mumbai, 2nd and 6th Floor,
MTNL-CETTM Building, Hiranandani Estate,
Powai, MUMBAI – 400076
You may download the full brochure here.
For further instructions and detailed guidelines kindly refer to the MNLU Website.