Call for Papers
The International Conference on Sustainable Development 2014 is jointly presented by the International Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Law (ICIRL) at Laurentian University Centre for Research in Social Justice and Policy (CRSJP) at Laurentian University, Ontario International Development Agency (OIDA) in Canada and Department of Politics and International Studies (POLIS), University of Zululand, South Africa.
Protea Hotel Water Front Richards Bay
Corner of Bridgetown and Pioneer Roads,
Tuzi Gazi Waterfront,
Richards Bay 3900,
December 02 – 03, 2014
The International Conference on Sustainable Development 2014 consists of four main sessions:
(1) Sustainable Social and Human Development – SSHD
(2) Social Sciences and Humanities – SSH
(3) Human Rights and Good Governance – HRGG
(4) Sustainable Development – SD
This conference has the following objectives:
1. to provide an interdisciplinary forum on global sustainable development for practitioners and academics;
2. to foster dialogue among various stakeholders, including senior level policy makers, academics, and practitioners;
3. to propose multidisciplinary strategies for economic, sociopolitical, cultural, and institutional changes;
4. to allow stakeholders to share their experiences and research results about all aspects of sustainable human and social development;
5. to discuss the practical challenges encountered in promoting sustainable development and the solutions adopted; and
6. to find global partners for future business or research collaborations.
All full paper submissions will be peer reviewed and evaluated based on originality, technical and/or research content/depth, correctness, relevance the conference. The full paper submissions will be chosen based on technical merit, interest, applicability, and how well they fit a coherent and balanced technical program.
The accepted full papers will be published in the refereed OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development . Prospective authors are kindly invited to submit extended abstract or full text paper including results, tables, figures and references. Please send full text paper (.doc or .docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your paper and abstract as early as possible.
The conference abstracts will be published as OIDA Conference Abstracts (ISSN: 1923:6670). All accepted full papers will also be published in the OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development ISSN: 1923-6654 (print) and ISSN 1923-6662 (online).
Accepted papers will be indexed in SSRN, EBSCO and AMICUS, Library and Archives Canada’s database to ensure their permanent preservation for present and future generations. All submitted full papers will have opportunity to be considered for publication in the OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development.
The selection will be carried out during the review process as well as at the conference presentation stage. Submitted papers must not be under consideration by any other journal or publication. The final decision will be made based on peer review reports.
The Conference Proceedings (only abstracts) will be published prior to the conference on a USB and distributed to all the registered participants at the conference.
OIDA would be extremely grateful if you could assist us by disseminating the information related to ICSD 2014 amongst your staff and institutional network.
Last Day to submit Abstract / Paper / Presentation – November 5, 2014
Last date to Issue Notification of acceptance – November 10, 2014
Last date to submit final paper and authors’ registration – November 15, 2014
Note: Abstracts/Papers, acceptances issued on a rolling basis until November 05, 2014.
Please submit your Abstract/Paper early as possible
One can register for conference HERE.
Visa, Travel and Accommodation information can be accessed HERE.