In order to create awareness about the importance of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and its various dimensions, the ‘Software Freedom Day’ is celebrated worldwide on the third Saturday of September every year.
In the wake of celebrating the software freedom day worldwide, the Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, is organizing a Two Day National Seminar on “Information Technology and Open Source Software: Issues and Challenges” on 21st 22nd September 2013.
The seminar endeavors to examine the interface between free and open source software’s, and the legal and human right issues.
Call for Papers
Academicians, lawyers, researchers, software and hardware professionals, students, members of NGOs and Media interested in the subject are invited to participate/present papers focusing on the following subthemes:
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS): Trends and Practices
- Free and Open Source Software: Concept and Practice
- Free and Open Source Software: Usage and Advantages
- Open Source Software vs. Proprietary Software
- Open Source Software: Need for a Legal Regime
Open Source Software and Intellectual Property Rights
- Free and Open Source Software as a Subject Matter for IPR
- Open Source Software and Licensing
- Open Source Software and Copy Right
- Open Source Software and AntiTrust Concerns
Information Security in a Knowledge Society
- Information Security: The Key Concern
- Right to Cyber Information: The Need of the Hour
- Social Networking Sites and Security Concerns
- Ethical Hacking and Information Security
Information Technology Act 2000: The Emerging Concerns
- ICT and Data Protection
- ICT, ECommerce and EGovernance
- Cyber Crimes and Cyber Privacy
- Cyber Investigation and Forensics
- Transnational Cyber Crimes and Information Technology Act, 2000
The topics specified under each of the subthemes are only indicative; not exhaustive. The authors interested in contributing to the seminar may write a paper in their area of expertise falling within the broad framework of the main theme of the Seminar.
- The Registration fee is Rs. 1,000/ for academicians, lawyers, scholars, etc. and for students it is Rs. 700/. In case of co authorship, the registration fee is to be paid by both the authors separately. The registration includes local hospitality except accommodation. However, accommodation can be arranged for the outstation participants on request.
- The registration fee is to be paid through Demand Draft in favour of “The Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur” payable at Raipur.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by name, designation, name of the Organization/University/Institution, email address, phone numbers, and name and details of the co-author, if any.
- It is mandatory to mention email address as all future correspondence shall be made through email only.
- The paper should be typed in MS Word format (.doc or .docx).
- The paper must be in a single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The headings should be in Font size 12, Bold, and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in Font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of the paper should be between 2,500 3,000 words (including footnotes).
- All references must be in the form of foot notes with Font size 10. The authors should follow OSCOLA method for footnotes.
- Submission of Full Paper: 10th September 2013
- Confirmation of Acceptance of the Paper: 12th September 2013
- Last date for registration: 17th September 2013
- Authors are requested to submit full-length papers on or before 10th September 2013 till 12:00 midnight through email to the following ID: email@example.com.
- Co authorship is allowed only up to two authors.
- An individual can send only one paper for this seminar.
- All entries must be original and unpublished work of the author(s). Any paper found to be a copied work from any other original work would be disqualified.
- The selection of paper for final presentation will be done after peer review by a group of experts.
- Certificate of Participation will be provided to every participant whose paper is selected.
- If there arises any situation that is not contemplated in the Rules, the organizer’s decision on the same shall be final.
- For more information see this link.
Ashish Tiwari, Campus Administrator, H.N.L.U Raipur
Tell us about the events happening in your law school at firstname.lastname@example.org