[First published on Oct 2]
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE:
It is difficult not to be struck by the potential and synergy of a joint collaboration between three premier institutions. And when the purpose of such collaboration is to enhance academic standards in a cutting-edge field, the excitement of academic illumination is commensurate and the addition of knowledge and momentum to the field immense.
Fast-paced innovation in all fields and the specialisation of activities in and out of the marketplace has given rise to the need for multidisciplinary policy-oriented, comparative academic activities. It is clear that the way forward must come from an interaction of management, science and law.
Through the efficient coordination of resources, the analysis of problems through rigorous, empirical tools and the sound, principled imposition of laws and regulations policy and strategy solutions can be arrived at regularly and successfully. It is but a rare occurrence when a National Law School, a National Management School and a National Engineering School come together for a common aim.
The International Conference on Law & Economics, with its joint academic collaboration of the Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad) and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) will inevitably enrich the debate around a number of policy problems in society and contribute to the establishment of the best responses.
The academic endeavour, by catering to proposals of improved and efficient tools and systems, will aid in mitigating the problems and enhancing well-being. The partnership will be one of its kind and will bring under one roof brilliant minds and ideas for the support of three robust institutions, paving the way towards establishing long-term development and expertise in not just Law & Economics but all the fields, organisations and communities.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE ON LAW & ECONOMICS:
1. The Role of Social Norms in the Formulation of Legal Rules and Policies.
2. Perspectives on Property Rights: Mixing Physical & Intellectual Labour with Natural Resources
3. Contract Law Perspectives on Commercial & Non-Commercial Activities
4. Redressal Mechanisms and the Minimization of Transaction Costs in Disputes.
5. Public Interest Protection: The Role of Constitutional Functionaries.
6. Rethinking Regulation and Reform for a Better Corporate World.
7. Protecting Against Crises and Bubbles
8. The Co-evolution of Competitive Markets and Antitrust Laws
The list of themes provided is merely indicative & not exhaustive. Other relevant papers related to the themes are welcome.
*Special Note: One Session during the course of the Conference will be dedicated to World Consumer Rights Day (15th of March, 2015)
Research Papers are invited on any of the themes of the Conference.
Submission of Abstract: October 30, 2014
Intimation of selection of Abstracts: November 26, 2014
Submission of Papers: January 3, 2015
Date of Conference : March 14—15, 2015
1. The Abstract should be of 500-800 words.
2. The author(s) shall specify Title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s), professional titles, e-mail addresses and contact number.
3. The Abstract should be in .doc/.docx formats in Times New Roman font, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
4. All abstracts should be submitted through e-mail only.
5. The author(s) should indicate the theme on which the paper is based.
6. The abstracts shall be screened by the Organizing Committee. The Authors of the shortlisted abstracts shall be intimated accordingly.
7. The Conference is open only to Scholars, Academicians and Professionals.
8. Authors may submit only one Paper for the Conference.
9. Co-authorship is permissible (subject to an upper limit of 2 Authors per submission).
10. All submissions should be the original work of the Author, and should not have been submitted for publication/published elsewhere in any form.
11. Selected Research Papers will be published in the form of a book with ISBN/ISSN number, how-ever Authors may opt to withdraw their research papers and get the same published.
12. Full paper should have a cover page containing the following:
1. Full name(s) of the Author(s)
3. Professional/Educational Details
4. Email address(es)
5. Contact number(s)
13. Full paper to be submitted in .doc/.docx formats with the following specifications:
Font Type: Times New Roman.
Font Size: 12pts.
Line Spacing: 1.5.
Footnotes Font Type: Times New Roman.
Footnotes Font Size: 10pts.
Footnotes Line Spacing: 1.
Margins to be of 1” on all sides.
14. Citation Method: Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition).
15. All submissions should be within the range of 5000-8000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
Fee (Inclusive of Accommodation)
1. For International Participants : 100 USD / 6500 INR
2. For Indian Participants : 2000 INR
The mode of payment shall be intimated along with the intimation of short-listed abstracts.
All submissions (abstract/paper) and queries regarding the Call for Papers should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Website can be accessed HERE.
Or, Mail Us at email@example.com