CUTS International and CIRC invite papers for the Vth CUTS-CIRC Biennial Conference on Competition, Regulation & Development. The conference aims to discuss the role of regulation and competition in creating appropriate incentives for fostering innovation for sustainable development.
The background note for the conference is available on this link.
The conference has 4 plenary sessions:
- Revisiting Competition and IPR
- Disruptive Technologies and Economic Regulations
- Building Organisational capacities for tackling policy and regulatory uncertainty
- Challenges and Opportunities of Development Financing for Fostering an Innovation based Ecosystem
Papers are invited for Plenary Sessions 1-4. Each plenary will have 2 slots (Number is tentative) reserved for paper presentations (15 minutes for each presentation).
The presentations will be succeeded by a moderated panel discussion (45 minutes) and an open floor discussion (15 minutes).
The organisers invite interested scholars/practitioners to submit a 500 word abstract, on any of the four plenary sessions of the conference.
Support would be available in terms of air travel, accommodation and meals at the conference venue.
- All contributions should be submitted to Mr Ashutosh Soni (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr Parveer Singh Ghuman (email@example.com).
- Last date for submission of Abstract (500 words) along with a brief CV (not more than two pages) is Friday, 15th April, 2017.
- Communication to authors of successful Abstracts will be done by end April or mid-May 2017.
- The Last date of submission of Full Conference paper (3,000 to 4,000 words, excluding footnotes and annexures) is 30th June 2017.
- Authors are requested to mention the specific ‘Plenary’ their paper is expected to be based on.
- Multiple submissions from single author are permissible. However, no author will have an opportunity to present more than one paper.
- Co-authorship is allowed. In case of successful selection, only one of the co-authors would be invited to present the paper at the conference.
For more information visit the official notification document here.