This post was first published on August 2, 2014.
The School of Law, Christ University is conducting a National Conference on Constitutional Appointments: Vignettes and Vicissitudes from January 13-14, 2015.
It gives us immense pleasure to invite research papers, case studies and book reviews to dwell into the various facets of constitutional appointments through the following sub themes:
1. Judicial Appointments: Retrospect and Prospect
2. Appointment of Governors: Implications for Federalism
3. Intelligence and Investigative Agencies: Lack of Constitutional Mandates
4. Judiciary’s Perspectives on Constitutional Appointments
The Abstract should not exceed 300 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
2. Title of the Paper
3. Name of the Author(s)
4. Name of the Institution
5. E-mail Address
6. Postal Address
7. Contact Number
1. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately.
2. In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
3. The paper must be accompanied with the following details:
a. A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the College/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
b. Registration Form- Students must send a scanned copy of this registration form with the stamp/seal of the Institution Head/Head of the Department.
c. Copy of the scanned Demand Draft.
d. Above mentioned documents- Cover letter, Registration form and DD should be sent in both Hard and soft copies. Soft copies of the same to firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copy to the below mentioned address.
4. The School of Law, Christ University in keeping with its mandate of publishing original material, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
5. Select papers, subject to peer review, will be published in the conference proceedings.
6. Best three papers may also be published in the Christ University Law Journal.
7. This peer reviewed biannual journal publication of the School of Law Christ University focuses on contemporary legal issues.
1. The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
2. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0.
3. One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
4. Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition.
5. The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words, (excluding footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc).
6. All abstract submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010 format. Full paper has to be submitted in pdf.
Method of Submission
All submissions for the conference have to be electronically mailed with the Subject Column as “Submission_Abstract/ Submission Full Paper”, as the case may be and bearing the names(s) of the authors(s) as the file names, only at the following address, email@example.com
Rs. 1,000 Students
Rs. 1,500 Academicians and Professionals
The registration fees include conference materials, a working lunch and refreshments during the days of the conference. Please note that this does not include accommodation. However accommodation details on request shall be provided on acceptance of the full papers.
Demand draft to be drawn in favour of “Christ University”, payable at Bangalore. The original Demand draft along with registration form should be sent to:
Mrs. Fincy Pallissery, the Faculty Coordinator
National Conference Committee, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore-
The last date of submission of abstracts is August 30, 2014. Please find attached the document containing the relevant details. For any further details please feel free to contact us: slcuconference@law.
Please find the Registration Form HERE.
Please find the Official Brochure HERE.