Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, Delhi is organizing an International Conference from 25-27 April 2014.
The international and national experts are invited to deliberate upon legal and policy matters related to climate change, alternative energy, global warming and natural resources etc.
Theme: Mitigation of Climate Change: Law, Policy and Governance
Objectives of the Conference:
To address, through legal instruments, the climate change related environmental problems;
To provide a platform for interdisciplinary scholars, academician, judges, lawyers, policy makers, NGOs and corporate leaders to discuss the critical legal issues combating climate change;
To analyze current developments and trends in international climate law regime and to strengthen application of the principle of CBDR.
To analyze comparative/national laws in implementation of international environment law on climate change;
To suggest ways and means to improve implementation of international and national climate change law.
Call for Papers
In order to achieve the objectives of the Conference, the participants are invited to make critical analysis of International climate change Conventions, Treaties, Protocols and other instruments.
In addition to Conventions/Treaties/Protocol based analysis of international climate change law, the participants are encouraged country-specific studies on success or failure of climate change law, policy and governance.
- Understanding Climate Change Causes
- Impact of Climate Change: Key Concerns
- UNFCCC , Kyoto Protocol and beyond : Key Legal Issues
- UNFCCC and International Environmental Principles
- The Climate Change and the International Trade Law
- The Climate Change and Human Rights Law
- Comparative / Domestic Climate Change Law and Policy
Papers are invited on any of the above themes. The selection criteria inter alia will be: relevance to the broad theme; quality of the abstract; geographical diversity of presenters etc.
The abstract of paper should not be more than 400 words. It should indicate:
- Title of Paper,
- Theme of Conference,
- Sub-theme of Conference
- Presenter’s brief description, on a separate page, including name, designation, educational qualification, professional status and experience in not more than 300 words.
- Abstract should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submission of abstract is February 20, 2014, 2300 hrs India Time.
Seminar Hall, Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, Chhatra Marg, University of Delhi (North Campus).
Abstract Submission: February 20, 2014
Declaration of Accepted Abstracts: February 25, 2014
Request for Sponsorship: March 01, 2014
Declaration of awarded sponsorship: March 06, 2014
Last date for Registration: March 25, 2014
Full Paper Submission: April 02, 2014
Dates of Conference: April 25-27, 2014
The Submission Guidelines for the Full Paper, Sponsorship Opportunities and details about Delhi are available on the College Website HERE.