BVDU New Law College Pune invites papers for a two-day International Seminar on Recent Trends in Juvenile Justice System: Revising Basic concepts and perceptions Funded By Indian Council of Social Science Research, Western Regional Centre, Mumbai on 28th-29th September, 2018.
About the institute
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to Be University’s New Law College, Pune is one of the premier institutes consistently ranked amongst the top law colleges in India. The College has secured 6th rank by India Today Magazine (4th Factual) in its special issue of 2017, 5th rank by Outlook Magazine- 2017, 3rd Rank by Careers 360 Magazine – 2017 and 5th Rank by the WEEK Magazine-2017.
Recently in 2017, the College is re-accredited with ‘A+’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), an organization that assesses and accredits institutions of higher education in India. The Ministry of Human Resource Development has also conferred ‘A’ Grade to our institution. Besides this, the College has also received the ‘Gold Star Award’ from the Bar Council of India.
The institute has grown from mere a sapling to an ark, and has recently marked the completion of its 50 glorious years of existence and academic excellence in the arena of education. Recently, we have celebrated the Golden Jubilee Year and commemorated the journey of our institute by rejoicing the illustrious path of academic and intellectual triumph.
About the Conference
The international seminar aims to bring together leading academicians, social scientists, researchers and scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Juvenile Justice. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Juvenile Justice.
The seminar will cover panel discussions, paper presentations and speeches by eminent persons.
The Juvenile Justice Care and Protection of children Act, 2015 has been enacted and implemented across the country (except J&K). It is a comprehensive legislation dealing with children of two categories: Children in conflict with law and Children in need of care and protection.
Considering all these gaps, this act has been enacted with an objective to provide proper care and protection, development, treatment and social reintegration of children through the provision of child friendly approach keeping the best interest of children.
- Juvenile Justice System in India: Need for systemic changes
- Recent trends in Juvenile Justice System
- Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
- Juvenile Justice and the Convention on the Rights of Child
- Juvenile Justice: Constitutional Perspective
- Juvenile Justice System in Common Law Countries
- Right to Education and Juvenile Justice
- Adoption under Juvenile Justice System
- Terrorism, Technology and Juvenile
- Juvenile Justice and child abuse
Selected papers will be published in the Special Issue of Bharati Law Review.
Publication of Papers
The papers selected for the aforesaid theme of the International Seminar shall be published in a special edition of Bharati Law Review ISSN 2278-6996, which is a quarterly double blind peer reviewed, UGC approved journal. We look forward to submissions from members of the Bar, Bench and the academia. Submissions can only be in the form of Long Articles.
Nature of Contributions
Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000-5,000 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th ed.). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Abstract: Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 350 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A document with biographical information of the authors must be given in the footnote of Author’s Name including the following details: Post, Email address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
The last date for submission of Abstract is August 15, 2018.
The last date for submission of Full Article if August 31, 2018.
Mode of Submission
-Submissions of Abstract shall be made on or before August 15, 2018 by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Abstract, each submission should contain a separate file containing the following information:
-The topic of the Article
-The Author’s name and affiliation
-A short (one-page) CV of the author
-Contact details including e-mail address and phone number
Information regarding Selection of Abstracts shall be communicated to the author by August 20, 2018.
-Submission of full article shall be made on or before August 31, 2018 by sending an e-mail at email@example.com.
Submissions should be made along with Plagiarism Test Report and complete details of Author(s).
All submissions shall be made in a prescribed sample format.
For more details click here.
For seminar details:
Mrs Ujjwala Sakhalkar
E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone no. +91 9422516806
For publication details:
- Dr. Sapna Deo, Sr. Co-ordinator- email@example.com
For more details:
- +91- 8806599256 (Prakhar Srivastava, Student Co-ordinator)
- +91- 9028233059 (Anamika Sharma, Student Co-ordinator)
This post was first published on: July 21, 2018