Amity Law School Noida is organizing a seminar on ‘Forensics in Bank and Credit Card Frauds’ on 20th March 2014.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
A one day national seminar is proposed to be organized on the role of forensics in bank and credit card frauds. Such instances of financial frauds can be seen to be on a rise.
While the number of fraud cases has shown a decreasing trend from 24791 cases in 2009-10 to 13293 cases in 2012-13 i.e. a decline of 46.37%, the amount involved has increased substantially from Rs 2037.81 crore to Rs. 8646.00 crore i.e. an increase of 324.27%. Thus even though the number of reported cases has reduced, the amount of money lost to such frauds has increased tremendously.This is where the role of forensics becomes important, in determining how to strengthen the prevention, detection and where applicable, prosecution in such cases in a time bound and cost effective mode.
This seminar would attempt to discuss and come up with legal steps desired to strengthen the prevention, detection and where applicable, prosecution in such cases in a time bound and cost effective mode.
The meet would have renowned legal experts, practitioners and jurists in attendance such as senior judges, law enforcement officials, reputed law practitioners, media experts and academicians. The event will seek to integrate the academic potential, legal insight and teamwork amongst scholars through a constructive deliberation.
The theme and sub-themes are modeled to bring forth a discussion on the problems faced while tackling the issue of such financial frauds so as to finally lead to conclusive suggestions and steps that could be taken to mitigate losses.
SUB TOPICS OUT OF WHICH ONE IS TO BE SELECTED:
1. Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Evidence in ATM/ Credit Card Crimes
2. Internet Banking : Transaction Frauds in Online shopping
3. Jurisdiction Issues in Cross Border Frauds- Investigation, Detection and Prosecution
4. Digital Forensics with regard to Bank and Credit Card Frauds
Last date for submission of paper: 14th March 2014
Date of Seminar: 20th March 2014
Students -Rs. 500
Academicians/ Faculty – Rs. 1000
Others -Rs. 2000
1) All papers submitted which are to be considered for presentation/publication must be original work of the author and should not have been published elsewhere. The author must fill and sign the Declaration form with their respective submissions.
2) Co- authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two.
3) Submission of an unsolicited paper to the editors does not secure a right of publication. In case the paper is found suitable for publication, as per the standards, will receive a notification of acceptance from the Editors and will be awarded.
4) The papers will be peer-adjudged.
5) The Editors reserve the right to request for copies of any resources or authorities cited in the submitted paper. The publication of the papers in form of article remains subject to the Authors providing such copies.
6) More than 20% plagiarism will lead to rejection of paper.
All correspondence must be done via e-mail and should be addressed to: Email: email@example.com
• Articles between 5,000 – 10,000 words will be accepted. It must be a comprehensive analysis of the problem. The author should use a wide range of sources, and established authorities to support his/her argument, provide any alternatives or suggestions, with a conclusion.
• The word limit is inclusive of footnotes.
• All articles must be accompanied by an abstract (not more than 500 words). Abstracts must be italicized.
• The format of the manuscript- Times new Roman, font size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing.
• The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 and in single line spacing, following The Bluebook Style of Citation, 19th Edition. For the rest of the details refer to the Submission Guidelines.
• A brief introduction of the Author along with a photograph is to be included in the cover letter.
• The email subject should be “Submission for Seminar- (Title of the manuscript)”
The covering letter must include the following details:
• Name of the author(s)
• Contact Details – Address and Mobile no.
• Name and Address of Institution
• Course currently being pursued/ Academic Qualifications
For any queries please contact:
Prachi Rashmi (Faculty Incharge): +91-88007-75120
Adita Shah (Faculty Incharge): +91-88004-64447
Tanya Singhal ( Chief Student Coordinator): +91-99107-11025
Shreya Chaudhuri ( Deputy Chief Student Coordinator): +91-96504-23212