Against this backdrop, the theme of the Symposium would be “Whether, under our constitutional scheme, the only means to achieve an independent judiciary is by granting primacy to the CJI and his colleagues.”
Answering this question would have entailed an analysis on the methods of maintaining an independent judiciary, and a consideration of:
Does the removal of the prerogative solely vested in the collegium in appointing judges to India’s higher judiciary violate the Constitution’s basic structure?
Call for Articles
Articles are invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars, activists, and Ph.D students on the issues related to relevant areas of study.
Abstracts would be reviewed by the organizing committee review group. It is also proposed that the selected papers by the CLS will be published in a special volume on the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN.
We consider four different types of articles for publication on the portal.
The different article types are academic, feature, opinion, and interview and they are discussed in more detail below.
The author of the article agrees that the work he/she is submitting meets the appropriate criteria and does not infringe upon any copyright or intellectual property laws.
All submitted articles are first screened by the editor-in-chief to determine:
1. The suitability and appropriateness of the article topic
2. The academic rigor and writing quality of the article
3. The type of article submitted
4. If the article meets the criteria defined for that type of article
Note: If the article is not suitable or is deemed low quality, then the article will be rejected.
However, if the article meets the above criteria, it will be accepted and go through the review process.
After the review process, the article will be subject to one of the following outcomes:
1. Publishable. Accept with no revisions, minor revisions, or some major revisions.
2. Not publishable yet. The author must rewrite and submit as a new submission for a new full round of reviews.
3. Not publishable and cannot be salvaged.
Procedure for Participation
Interested participants are required to submit the abstract (not more than 200 words) by 5th November, 2015 to email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
All abstract shall contain following informations: Name of the Author, Designation, Email id and Contact no., full corresponding address and sub – themes under which they wish to present the paper.
Guidelines for Article Submission
1. Shortlisted abstract’s author will be requested to submit full article.
2. Article should not be of more than 1200 words and must be accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating his email ID, contact number and official address.
3. It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
4. A Uniform Style of Citation must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
5. All the abstracts and full length articles shall be sent on email id: email@example.com
6. No Registration Fee.
Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 5th November, 2015.
Intimation for the acceptance of Abstract: 6th November, 2015 latest by 10:00 A.M.
Last Date for Submission of Full Article: 6th November, 2015 latest by 10:00 P.M.
For any query, contact
Mr. ARJIT RAJ KAKER, Mobile – +91-7054473650
Mr. SHANTANU SHARMA, Mobile – +91-7295866657
For further details, click HERE.