Online applications invited for admission to the below law colleges in University of Calcutta.
List of participants colleges:
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus). ( No. of seats 120).
- Surendranath Law College. Sealdah ( No. of seats 120).
- Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College. (No. of seats 120).
- South Calcutta Law College( No. of seats 120).
- 5.Bikash Bharati Law College. Aamtala, Jayrampur, N.D.Road, South-24 Parganas,(No. of seats 120).
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Petua, Subhasgram, South-24 Parganas. (No. of seats 120).
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas.(No. of seats 120).
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed) (No. of seats 120).
- George School of Law (Self-financed), Konnagar, Hoogly ( No. of seats 120).
- Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah, ( No. of seats 120).
- Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Road, Kolkata( No. of seats 120).
- Kolkata Police Law Institute (Self-financed) Alipore Body Guard Lines Kolkata – 27 (No. of seats 60( 80% of seats reserved for the eligible wards of Kolkata Police/Ex Kolkata Police/WB Police/Ex WB Police).
- L. J. D. Law College (Self-financed), Falta Nainan Road, PO – Sahararhat, Vill Punnya, PS-Falta 24 Parganas ( No. of seats 120).
- Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta in the year 2016 – 2018 (for General); 2014 – 2018 (for SC/ST) and 2011 – 2018(for PWD) only.
- 10+2 Level Marks obtained from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta: GENERAL: At least 45% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE). SC/ST/PERSON WITH DISABILITY (Disability 40% or more): At least 40% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
- Candidate passed 10+2 from the Board other than WBCHSE, ISC,CBSE and Rabindra Mukto Vidyalay must be obtained “EQUIVALANCE CERTIFICATE” from the office of the Registrar, ( Equivalance Section) University of Calcutta, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 by a written application in plain paper with relevant photo copy of 10+2 Mark Sheet. Certificate will be required at the time of Admission. It will be safe to obtain the certificate before online application submission.
- Foreign Student : Foreign National with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board have to apply in writing to the undersigned mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree. Foreign Nationals with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian universities/boards candidates may also apply as like other Indian national candidates.
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
- Rs.500 (For Gen)
- Rs.250(For SC/ST/PWD)
- Online Form Submission: 07/6/2018 to 26/6/2018.
- Application Fees Payment: 07/6/2018 to 27/6/2018
- Online Admit Card Download: 03/7/2018 to 07/7/2018.
- Entrance Test : 08/7/2018 (Sunday).
- Merit List : 13/7/2018.
About the Exam
The test will be of 2 ½ hours duration followed by the topics i.e., General English, General Awareness / Current Affairs, General Math, Test of Reasoning (Verbal & Non-verbal) .
Mode of exam – offline
Helpline: 033-22410344 / 033-22573376 (10 AM-5:30 PM)