Birmingham Law School is offering £3,000 (Rs. 2,73,330) scholarships for international students on the undergraduate LLB programmes and on the LLB for Graduates programme for 2018.
The LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarships will be available to students who are:
International applicants: Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
Not already registered on a law programme: Applicants must not currently be enrolled on a undergraduate law degree course at Birmingham.
Self-funded: Applicants must be self-funding and have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
In receipt of an offer: The Applicant must have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as his firm choice for a full-time undergraduate law programme starting September 2018. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Strength of the personal statement
- Academic achievements and previous study
- Any relevant professional qualifications and achievements
Terms and conditions:
- £3,000 per annum will be awarded to successful applicants. Scholarships are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
- To retain the scholarship students must gain a minimum of a 2:1 (60%+) in each year of study. Should these grades not be achieved, the scholarship will be withdrawn for the remainder of the programme.
- Students on the Law with French Law or Law with German Law programmes will receive scholarship payments in years 1,2 and 4 assuming all conditions are met.
- Scholarships are available to all privately funded international students categorised as overseas for fees purposes.
- Scholarships are only available for students beginning their programme in September 2018 and cannot be deferred.
- Students in receipt of support from other funding bodies which wholly cover their tuition are not eligible.
Deadline: To be considered for an award, applicants must, by May 25, have done both of the following:
- Made an application to their intended undergraduate law programme. Please apply through UCAS via the relevant programme page on the undergraduate law section of the University of Birmingham website.
- Completed the LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarship application form.
The application includes a 500 word statement, in which students should address why they should be made an award. You must include your UCAS ID number in your application.
Notification date of successful applicants: June 2017.
For general queries, email at [email protected]
For further information from original website, click here.
This post was first published on: February 4, 2018