Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organizing Fourth Annual National Conference on Contemporary Legal Scholarship of the year 2015 in the month of September. The aim of the conference is to provide a platform to the budding scholars and researchers to discuss and share ideas.
It is organized in the background of its flagship Journal SCLJ and the student Journal SSLR to be published with LexisNexis.
The Conference is being organized with the three objectives
- To bring together students and research scholars to foster scholarly exchange of ideas
- To showcase in-house research, build collegial network, and facilitate ongoing dialogue.
- To present working paper, or finished paper or articles on law to the identified tracks, in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere where experts and scholars are available to comment.
Symbiosis Law School , Pune
Survey No. 227, Plot -11,
Opposite Pune International Airport
Airport Road Viman Nagar, Pune -411014
Tel: 020-66861125, 020-66861127 Cell: 8380059480
Email: [email protected]
19th September 2015 and 10 am to 5 pm
- International Law and Human Right
- Public Law and Governance
- Business Law
- IPR, Technology and Innovation Law
Under Graduates, Post Graduates, Ph. D. Research Scholar from various. Law Schools of the country and students of Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
Submission of Abstract: 16 August 2015
Declaration of Selected Abstract: 20 August 2015
Submission of Full paper: 06 September 2015
Date of the Conference: 19 September 2015
(Applicable to those whose abstracts have been accepted)
- Author’s Name and designation, Name of the University/Institute that he/she represents, title of the paper and email Address to be stated clearly on the cover page of the paper
- Length of the final paper: The paper should not exceed more than 6,000 words inclusive of footnotes. The paper must be sent in a Microsoft word document, A4 Size Portrait
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides (Top, Bottom, Left and Right). Please do not place any Page Borders.
Font size as follows:
For Title: 16, Times New Roman, Capital Letters and Bold
For First Level Headings: 14, Times New Roman and Bold
For Second Level Headings:12, Times New Roman and Bold
For Third Level Headings:12, Times New Roman
For Body Text: 12, Times New Roman
For Footnotes: 10, Times New Roman (citation mode 19th Harvard Blue Book)
There should be 1.5 spacing of text throughout the body of the paper and 1.15 spacing of text in the footnotes (Line spacing)
Every Paragraph in the text must start without any indentation (From Zero)
Every Paper must consist of a Bibliography which is in the alphabetical order (citation mode 19thEdn. Harvard Blue Book)
Final papers and scanned copy of Registration Form and DD have to reach via email at [email protected] on or before 6thSeptember, 2015. The Original Registration Form and Demand Draft may then be dispatched at the earliest to Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
Guidelines for presentation:
(Applicable to those whose abstracts have been selected)
The language of presentation will be English.
Abstracts/Full Papers scheduled for presentation will be distributed amongst the participants.
Each presenter will be allotted 15 minutes for presentation followed by discussion for 5 minutes.
The presenters are required to make a power point presentation.
Those submitting the papers have to strictly adhere to the requirements set forth in this document.
The author/s must ensure that the paper submitted is not plagiarized and that in case of any copyright violation they solely shall be responsible for the same.
By submission of the article or research paper, the author shall assign the rights relating to publication and distribution of the same to the organizers.
Registration Fee for Participation:
Students: Rs 200
Research Scholars: Rs 500
Others: Rs. 1000
Registration fee should be paid by Demand Draft in favor of Director, Symbiosis Law School, Pune payable at Pune. The DD should be sent after online registration. Make sure that the drawer’s name and the purpose are mentioned at the back of the DD.
Please Note that no Ta/Da will be paid to participants. However, we are glad to provide assistance in locating the accommodation on prior information.
1stPrize: Rs 5000 and certificate
2nd Prize: Rs 3000 and certificate
3rd Prize: Rs 2000 and certificate
For Further Queries, Contact:
Dr. Shashikala Gurpur, Fulbright Scholar
Director, Symbiosis Law School, Pune
Dean, Faculty of Law, SIU, Formerly Member (Part-Time), Law Commission of India