The need to impart expertise skills and awareness in social research including socio-legal research is now increasingly being experienced. This kind of research over the years has grown to be a complex one.
This is also because of the fact that legal scientists in these days are addressing the subjects that essentially need a holistic and comprehensive treatment falling beyond the individual areas of one’s specialization.
This situation has posed several methodological challenges and dilemmas before both the matured and budding social scientists and legal research scholars. It becomes imperative on their part to develop an expertise in the concerned categories of research methodologies.
This takes us to the need of definite training in the construction and applications of research methodology in social and legal research.
The core objective of the workshop would be to develop skills of the participants in the areas of construction and applications of research methodology, data analysis through the use of software and computer applications. The Workshop intends to adopt a definite methodology to achieve the objectives of the programme.
Besides conducting the practical sessions giving inputs of skill and use of computer softwares, the participants would also be allotted the assignments for preparing a research proposal detailing all necessary facets like formulation of research problems, research design, sampling, hypothesis building, analysis frame etc.
The proposed training interaction is to be geared to achieve the following objectives:
1. To familiarize the participants about the construction and application of research methodology linking it with the development of a comprehensive and current research proposal.
2. To highlight the prevailing trends in computer applications in social science and legal research.
3. To develop the skills of preparation of research proposal encompassing all the phases of a sociolegal research exercise.
4. To boost the empirical legal research.
Resource persons for the workshop:
1. Prof. G. S. Bajpai : Registrar, National Law University, Delhi
2. Prof. B. B. Pandey: Former Professor of Law, Delhi University, Chair and Professor of Criminal Law, National Law University, Delhi
3. Dr. Amar Pal Singh: Prof. of Law, Rammanohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
4. Eminent Professors of Law of other universities and National Law Universities.
Level of Participation
The workshop would mainly target young teachers and those pursuing Ph D. Besides, social scientists, research personnel with Govt. and non Govt. Sectors, and research scholars working in various streams of social sciences (especially from Law, Sociology, Political Science and allied areas) are proposed to be involved in this workshop.
The number participants is proposed be tentatively kept up to fifty only. The delegates have to bear their travel cost and accommodation themselves.
A nominal fee of Rs. 2000 will be charged.
The fee would not include the accommodation. The participants need to carry their laptops.
Mode of payment of fee
Through demand draft in the name of “Amity University Uttar Pradesh” to be payable at Lucknow.
Hard copy of the completed form and bank DD must be sent by 15th October, 2014 to Mr. Archana Shukla, Lecturer, Amity Law School, Lucknow, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Gomti Nagar extension, near Malhaur Railway Station, Lucknow, UP-226028.
• Last date of Registration: 15th October, 2014
• Ms. Archana Shukla (9451973813) : email@example.com
• Mr. Bhanu Pratap (9838631544) : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ms Taru Mishra (9918777709): email@example.com
• Mr. Abdul Hafiz(8090904683): firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the Brochure for more details HERE.