The Amity Law School, Dubai of Amity University, Dubai is organizing its 1st International Essay Competition. The law school seeks essays on the topic “Human Rights”
- The competition is open to all school students and undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized Law University/ College/ Institute/ Programme
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of two authors is permitted.
Last Date of Submission of Essay: November 22, 2018 (12:00 p.m.)
Date of Declaration of the Result: December 1st, 2018
The top 10 winners will be informed by email and their work will be published in Our “Special Human Rights Edition Journal of Amity University, Dubai.” (Print ISSN 2518-3567)
Participants will be provided with a participation certificate too.
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Plagiarism beyond 30% will lead to disqualification.
- The name(s) or affiliation(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- The word limit for the essay is 4000 – 6000 words excluding footnotes, with an Abstract of 250- 300 words.
- The essays should be typed in Calibri, Content Size 11, Sub-heading Size 12 with Single Line Spacing.
- The footnotes must be typed in Calibri, Font Size 10 with Single Line Spacing.
- Abstract in Italics Size 12, with Keywords Size 10.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Every citation must follow the Chicago Style Citation.
- The essays must be sent by e-mail to **firstname.lastname@example.org** with the subject “Amity Dubai International Legal Essay Competition”
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The essay must be attached in ‘.doc’/‘.docx’ and ‘PDF’ format.
The participants are required to send the following details in a separate
word document attached to the e-mail:
a) Title of the Essay:
b) Name(s) of the Author(s):
c) College/Institute/University of Author(s):
d) Programme Enrolled & Year of Study of Author(s):
e) E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s):
- There is no requirement of registration formalities to be completed in order to participate in the competition.
- No registration fee is to be paid for the same.
- Participants are requested to submit a bonafide letter from the relevant authorities of their School/College/Department/University for participating in this competition. A scanned copy of the same should be e-mailed along with the essay in the time of submission. (Essays without a bonafide letter will be summarily rejected.)
- The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- Essays submitted for this competition shall become the sole property of Amity University, Dubai. Amity shall have the right to publish the entries in the form of a journal or a book.
- A panel of evaluators shall be constituted to select the winning entries. The decision of the Panel shall be final and binding. The organisers reserve the right to cancel/disqualify any of the entry if found in violation of the guidelines for Submission.
For any queries, intending participants may leave us an e-mail at email@example.com or contact:
Ms. Antara Das, Head of Publications at the Amity Law Society, Dubai; Mobile:+971 055 9761294
Ms. Nikitha Abigale, Co-coordinator at Amity Law Society, Dubai; Mobile: +971 055 3690884
For official poster, click here.
This post was first published on:
20 Oct 2018