This December 19 to 23, PACT will be organising ‘Advocate Maximus,’ an open Arb-Med competition, in New Delhi, highlighting the role of the lawyer in an arbitration and mediation setting through competition and coaching sessions.
The competion is named after Advocate Ratan K. Singh (FCIArb) to recognize and honour his continuous contribution to the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Advocate Maximus is unique to any other existing competition setting. Here, the participants get to assemble their ‘Dream Team,’ that might consist of members from the same or different universities. We believe this will truly promote diversity among the young generation of dispute resolution lawyers.
Advocate Maximus will be a global stage for young law students to test their arbitration and mediation advocacy skills, where they will be assessed by the best practitioners.
- Last date for Registration : 20th September , 2018
- Arbitration Memorial Submission: 15th November, 2018
- Competition Dates : 19th December, 2018 – 23rd December, 2018
Team Composition: 3 members OR 5 Members per team
Registration fee: INR 3,000 per participant
What do winners and participants stand to gain?
- Winning Team: INR 70,000
- Runners up Team: INR 40,000
- Semi Finalists: INR 20,000
One Internship each with partnering International law firms/practitioners.
Conference and training Scholarships.
ALL participants will receive 1 month free subscription to the LEXIS NEXIS database
Lecture series by 12 leading experts in the field of ADR.
Interaction with experts and assessors on between trainings, rounds and 2 social evenings tand more…..
Institutional Partners and Supporters
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)
- Singapore International Mediation Institute(SIMI)
- Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, Hong Kong (HKIAC)
- Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration, India (MCIA)
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- Society for Construction Law, India (SCL)
- All India Law Students Federation (AILSF)
- Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation (IIAM)
- Young Intenational Mediation Institute (YMI)
- AMATI, International
- Standards and Competencies in Mediation Advocacy, London (SCMA)
For any queries, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91 9958488857 / +91 9765987280.
Awards to be Won