Accenture invites applications for the position of Contracting Counsel Manager at its Gurugram Centre.
Education: LL.B and anyother qualification like LL.M/CS will be added advantage (or local equivalent).
- Minimum 10 years post-qualifying experience.
- Licensed member of a Bar or local equivalent professional body.
- Minimum of 5 years leading legal support in outsourcing transactions.
- Travel required, particularly within region. Must be available to support deals on a global basis as required.
- Extensive overtime may be required to carry out duties and in particular during active negotiations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must have strong consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing experience working on complex transactions, typically international in scope with unusual and complex pricing structures, multiple towers, multiple countries, and other complexity factors. Broad range of awareness of issues in consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing deals, deep expertise in basic issues.
- Proven ability to manage resources from different backgrounds, different experience levels and locations to drive a successful outcome to a complex transaction.
- Demonstrated business/commercial acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills, executive presence and the ability to influence significant business and legal decisions.
- Resilient under high pressure; able to balance between moving a deal forward and maintaining objectivity about the soundness of the deal and compliance with Accenture principles and standards.
- Firm grasp of Accenture culture and risk tolerance (or similar culture and risk tolerance at another company if experienced hire); a strong history of successful relationships with key Accenture executives (or similar executives at another company if experienced hire).
- Able to present innovative, original solutions.
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
The Complex Contracting Legal Counsel supports and assists with respect to Contracting metrics being achieved in respect of the complex deals s/he leads, such as:
- Cost: Both as a percentage of overall revenues (a shared metric with the rest of the Legal Group) and achieving an optimal cost rate for legal services on particular transactions (achieving a cost-effective and efficient pyramid).
- Quality: Directly responsible for the quality of contracts on our complex deals. This will be measured by sales team and leadership satisfaction metrics and measurably achieving balance between price, quality, and contract terms.
- Speed to Closure: Measure and take appropriate actions to ensure transactions are closed as quickly as possible (balanced with quality outcomes) and that appropriate measures are taken to work with leadership if there are significant delays in closure within Accenture’s control.
For official notification and online application link, click here.