NLIU Bhopal, NLIU Parliamentary debate 2014, parliamentary debate 2014, debates 2014, law school debateJus Cultura, the Literary, Debating and Quizzing Society at NLIU Bhopal, is pleased to announce the third edition of its annual flagship event, the NLIU Debate from 31st October to 2nd November, 2014.
In keeping with NLIU’s rich debating legacy, we endeavour to bring the country’s best orators to Bhopal for an unforgettable and enriching debating experience.
• As is tradition, the format will continue to be 3- on- 3 Asians Parliamentary with N=1 rule for adjudicators.
• The tournament is open to cross institutional teams, but speakers must be enrolled in an academic institution at the time of participation (including students pursuing Masters or post graduate courses). This rule does not apply to adjudicators.
Best Team – Rs. 30,000
Runners Up – Rs. 18,000
Best Adjudicator – Rs. 12,000
There are also prizes for the Semi- Finalists, Quarter Finalists, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Best Adjudicators.
We at NLIU sincerely believe that a proficient Adjudication Core is integral to the success of any debate, and in keeping with this conviction our stellar panel consists of internationally and nationally recognized veterans of the Asian debating circuit –
• Aditya Mitra, a Champion at UADC 2014, winner of Best Speaker awards at East Asian Inter Varsity Invitational ’13 and APU Debate Open ’14, and an invited adjudicator at the IIUM Debate Open ’14, CUPD ’13 and KIDA IV ’13.
• Yash S Vijay, winner of the Indian National Debating Championship ’14 and SRCC ‘14, Octa-finalist at UADC ’14 and recipient of the Best Adjudicator award at GNLU ’14, MSRIT ’14 and Xaviers BP ’14.
• Parnil Urdhwareshe, winner and Best Speaker at the Indian National Debating Championship ’14 and SRCC ’14, and part of the Adjudication Core at MSRMPD ’14 and the ILNU Debate ’14.
• The registration for individual participants will be phased out in two stages:
1) Early birds can avail a concessional registration fee of INR 1,500/- if they register by the 24th of September 2014.
2) The standard Tournament Registration fee from the 25th of September is INR 1,700/-.
• This fee will include accommodation for the dates of the competition, as well as transport between the University campus and the accommodation.
• Participants can also be assured that they will be treated to a memorable break night party and the finest accommodation!
So, book your slots as soon as possible and do register by the 24th of September by visiting website HERE.
We will also be providing adjudicator subsidies to a maximum of ten adjudicators, which will cover the train fare to and from Bhopal (AC 3 tier) and a waiver of registration fee. Interested persons are requested to send their application along with a detailed CV to email@example.com
Looking forward to a weekend of amazing company and brilliant debating!
For any queries, get in touch with us on our Facebook page HERE or contact the following:
Vasu Nigam, Convener
Twinkle Chawla, Joint Secretary
Soham Maheshwari, Secretary, Debating Society