The GNLU Annual Legal Services Forum is an annual event organized by the LSC, under the aegis of GNLU Centre for Law and Society.
It aims to bring together legal services committees and legal aid clinics to a common platform to deliberate upon ideas to collaborate and contribute to the objective of providing free and competent legal services to the underprivileged.
The core aim is to pool resources and share best practices, while appreciating the difficulties faced, in order to enhance the functioning of legal service committees and create a reverberating impact on legal services and information dissemination in the country.
Encouraged by the overwhelming success of the 1st and 2nd editions, the LSC is organizing the 3rd edition of the Forum from April 13-14 2018. While former editions sought to build capacities at the local and national levels, the third edition seeks to encourage a SAARC-level collaborative effort in this area.
The forum is slated to see participation from legal experts, social activists, noted academicians, NGOs, legal services committees, legal aid clinics, and students.
Apart from panel discussions and research paper presentations, the Forum will also feature project presentations by LSCs competing for the “GNLU Legal Services Clinic Award”.
1. Custom versus Constitution
2. Right to Privacy
3. Refugees in SAARC
4. Social Welfare and Universal Basic Income (UBI)
5. Working women and Welfare
6. Special Panel Discussion on “Acid Attacks and Disability Rights”
GUIDELINES FOR REGISTRATION
1. Students, faculty members, academicians and legal services committees or legal aid clinics are eligible to take part in the Forum.
2. Legal services committees and legal aid clinics may nominate the Faculty Convener, Student Convener and one additional student representative to attend the Forum.
3. Register by filling the following form – https://goo.gl/forms/DAhqiv1SSgkmkZ0O2.
4. Registration closes on March 31, 2018.
5. Registration fee (inclusive of accommodation) is as follows:
For LSC/LAC: INR 1,000
For Individuals: INR 5,00
6. A link for payment of the Registration fee will be emailed to the participants upon registration through the above Google form.
1. Mr. Sameer Rashid Bhat, Student Convener, GNLU Centre for Law and Society, +91 9998925880 [email protected]
2. Ms. Gayathree Devi, K. T., Student Co-Convener, GNLU Centre for Law and Society, +91 8511970905 [email protected]
3. Mr. Jayaditya Mallik, Secretary, GNLU Centre for Law and Society, +91 9909964944 [email protected]
4. Mr. Akshat Kumar, Student Coordinator, Legal Services Committee, +91 8797419810 [email protected]
For further details, please visit our website: www.gnlucls.weebly.com
This post was first published on: January 21, 2018