UPDATE: On request of many participants we are extending the date of the essay submission. Soft Copies should reach organizers by 25th October 2014 and Hard Copies by 28th October 2014.
KIIT Centre for International Arbitration, School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar is going to organize its 1st National Essay Competition 2014.
1. 1st KCIA Essay Competition on International Arbitration is open for students pursuing LAW in India.
2. Each participant is allowed to submit only one entry; Joint entries shall not be permitted.
3. There is No registration fee for the competition.
4. To participate in this competition, the students will have to submit the soft copy of registration form (Annexure – 1) along with the essay (soft copy) on or before 25th October, 2014 by 23:59 HRS at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The last date for submission of the essay and registration form (Hard copy) is 28th October 2014. However, the submission of the essay will be accepted till two days after the last date of submission has lapsed, with a penalty of 2 marks each day.
6. All hard copies entries along with the registration form should be sent to:
Mojahid Karim Khan
Coordinator, KCIA 1st Essay Competition
School of Law, KIIT University
Campus – 16, Patia
Pin: 751 024
Contact: (+91) 80931 27332
7. The essay can be submitted in any version of MS Word only.
8. The essay must contain an Abstract, not exceeding the limit of 200 words, whereby the key issues are mentioned and the foremost conclusions are set out.
9. Apart from the cover page, no part of the essay should contain any form of identification of the participant.
10. Co- authorship is not allowed.
1. Winner: Winner of the competition will receive cash prize of Rs. 10,000 and gift hampers from sponsors.
2. Runners Up: The runners- up of the competition will receive cash prize of Rs. 7,000 and gift hampers from sponsors.
3. 2nd Runners Up: The 2nd runners- up of the competition will receive cash prize of Rs. 5,000 and gift hampers from sponsors.
4. Top Ten chosen entries will be given Appreciation Notes from the Chief Patron of KCIA, Prof. J Martin Hunter, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers, London
1. Mojahid Karim Khan – (+91) 80931 27332
2. Sri Krishna – (+91) 80187 36460
Download the Registration Form HERE.
Download the Brochure HERE.