Gujarat National Law University Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development (GCESD) is organizing 1st GNLU Essay Competition On Environmental Law 2017 in collaboration with M.V. Kini, Trilegal and Enviro Legal Defence Firm (ELDF)
The theme of the competition is Environmental Law.
(Participants can choose any topic out of the below mentioned 7 topics for their essay. The scope of these topics are broad and multiple perspectives, dimensions can be included within the overall framework of the topic. The title of the essay can be given by the participants as per their choice).
- Ban on fire crackers: judicial intervention or intrusion?
- The river as being: rights without duties?
- Tackling trash: Where have we ‘bin’ wrong?
- Resuscitating a failed idea: Interlinking of rivers?
- Switch to non-polluting alternative fuels or get bulldozed: E-vehicles or e-mobility?
- Compensatory Afforestation: Subverting Forest Rights Act?
- Proposed amendments to Environment Protection Act: Whitelisting illicit projects?
- 1st Prize: ₹25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand only) with Internship opportunity at Trilegal.
- 2nd Prize: ₹15,000 (Fifteen Thousand only) with Internship opportunity at Trilegal.
- 3rd Prize: ₹5,000 (Five Thousand only) with Internship opportunity at Trilegal.
Top five submissions shall be given merit certificates. Internship shall be provided to both the authors in case of co-authorship. Certificate of participation shall be provided to all the Participants.
The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognised University/ College/ Institute in India.
Co-authorship up to maximum 2 students is permitted. Students from different institutions also can team up for co-authorship. There is no Registration fee for the competition.
Abstract: 300 words including title and keywords
Essay: 3000-4000 words, excluding footnotes and abstract
The submission should include Abstract, Essay, and Bibliography.
15 December 2017 (Friday)
Guidelines For Submission
The essays must be submitted in English only.
The essays should be the original work of the authors.
Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
Abstract should not be more than 300 words.
The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay. The word limit for the essay is 3000 – 4000 words, not including footnotes.
The essays should be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
The footnotes must be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
All text should be justified.
Please see the detailed rules before making a query. For any queries, you may leave us an e-mail at [email protected] or contact:
- Mr. Amit Agrawal, Student Convener, GNLU Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development, Mobile: +91 9998923457; [email protected]
- Ms. Sharon Mathew, Student Co Convenor, GNLU Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development, Mobile: +91 9537760839; [email protected]
Please find the attached document for detailed rules here.
This post was first published on: October 28, 2017