About MNLU Aurangabad
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad is a newly established University, under the Maharashtra National Law University Act, 2014, which came into existence on March 16, 2017 with the joining of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) S. Surya Prakash. The University was formally inaugurated on 9th December, 2017 at the hands of Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri.
Devendra Fadnavis. The commencement of the University, would have been impossible without the able guidance of the Chancellor, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Ranjan Gogoi, Judge, Supreme Court of India.
Tracks and Sub-Themes
Track 1: Public Law, State and the Privacy
✦ Right to be forgotten, Right to be let alone vis-a-vis Right to Privacy
✦ Right to Privacy as Fundamental Right
✦ Right to Privacy in the light of Aadhar Act and the UIDA database
✦ Right to Privacy: an “elitists” concept or part of “liberty”?
✦ Right to Privacy vs. National Security
✦ Justice K.S. Puttuswamy (Retd.) vs. Union of India (2017) 10 SCC
✦ State Surveillance and Right to Privacy
Track 2: Right to Privacy & Cyberspace
✦ Right to Informational Privacy
✦ Data Protection Law and Right to Privacy
✦ Right to Privacy in the age of Social Networking Sites and Messaging Apps
✦ Legal liability of Body Corporates under Information Technology Act, 2000
✦ Violation and Breach of Privacy under Information Technology Act, 2000
Track 3: Right to Privacy – Marriage, Conjugal Affairs, Intimacy, Reproductive Choices and Sexual Orientation
✦ Right to Privacy in the institution of Marriage – Conjugal Affairs and Restitution of Conjugal Rights
✦ Privacy and Rights of LGBT people – Legal Concerns and Issues
✦ Privacy concerns in Surrogacy, DNA Tests, Reproductive choices and Sexual Orientation
✦ Privacy concerns in Live-in Relationship
Call for Papers
Research papers, case comment and articles are invited from the academic practitioners, research scholars and the students. The papers should be author’s original work and/or should not be any published work.
Co-authorship is allowed but is restricted to only one. Selected research papers, case comments and articles will be published in the form of a Book with ISBN, which may be notified in due course of time to the participants. Publication of papers shall be subject to the approval of the Editorial Board and quality of the papers.
Guidelines for Submission
- Submission must include 1) Abstract, 2) Covering page 3) Full Paper, 4) Application Form and 5) Demand Draft/Screenshot of Online Payment
- The word limit for Abstract is 300 words.
- The word limit for Full paper is 3000-6000 words.
- The Abstract and the Full paper must be typed in Times New Roman Font and the font size must be 12 on a A4 size paper with 1.5” line spacing.
- Footnoting and Citation must be according to Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC).
- Abstract along with Covering Page and the Full Paper must be submitted electronically on:
- The subject of e-mail for Submission of Abstract must be “National Seminar, 2018: Submission of Abstract & Covering Page”, subject of email for Registration, must be
“National Seminar, 2018: “Registration and Payment” and subject of email for Full paper
must be “National Seminar, 2018: Submission of Full Paper”
Registration and Payment of Seminar Fee
The registration fee per person for the research paper, for:
- Academician or Professional (Single Author): 2000 INR
- Academician or Professional (Co-Author): 2500 INR
- Student or Research Scholar (Single Author): 1000 INR
- Student or Research Scholar (Co-Author): 1500 INR
- Registration Fee includes, Tea, Lunch and High Tea
- Payment to be made through DD in favour of “MNLU, Aurangabad” payable at Aurangabad and should reach the MNLU, Aurangabad latest by September 30, 2018 or by Electronic mode of payment/Online payment in favour of MNLU, Aurangabad.
- The Online Payment details of the University are given in the Registration Form of the National Seminar, 2018
- Registration must be done in the prescribed Form given along with the brochure
- The physical copy of filled in Registration Form along with the Demand Draft (DD) or Receipt of Online Payment must be sent at the MNLU, Aurangabad address, addressing “Convener, National Seminar, 2018”, by Post.
- Scanned copy of Registration Form along with Demand Draft (DD) or the screenshot of Receipt
- Last date for ABSTRACT submission: September 15, 2018
- Last date for FULL PAPER submission: October 5, 2018
- Last date for REGISTRATION & PAYMENT: September 30, 2018
- Date of National SEMINAR, 2018: October 20, 2018
Venue of Seminar
Seminar Hall, Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
(Govt. B.Ed. College Campus, Padampura Aurangabad, M.S.)
Convener: Mr. Ashok P. Wadje, Asst. Professor of Law, MNLU, Aurangabad
(Contact Number: +91 9650778117)
Email ID: email@example.com
Student Coordinator: Mr. Divyanshu Goyal, IInd Year Student of B.A. LL.B.course
(Contact number:+91 9309915776)
For submission of Abstract, Full Paper, Scanned copy of Payment Slip or DD and Registration Form and other queries, email ID is: firstname.lastname@example.org.