The Alumni Association of Department of Law, Central University of Kerala, Thiruvalla Campus is organising a National Seminar on the topic “LAW AND MORALITY IN THE CONTEXT OF SEXUAL MINORITIES” on 11th October,2018.
Call for Papers
The organizers of the seminar calls upon the legal profession, academicians from all other disciplines ,administrators, research scholars ,students, social activists and the representatives of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes.
- Law and Morality – Theoretical issues
- Approach of different legal system towards the rights of sexual minorities
- Social morality and Constitutional morality
- Constitutional morality, religious morality and freedom of religion
- Rights of persons having deviant sexual orientation
- Freedom from criminal liability
- Right to marriage, family and adoption
- Freedom from torture and inhuman treatment
- Right to dignity
- Right to decent life
- Rights of Transgender
- Prevention of sexual abuse and rights of sexual minorities
An abstract not exceeding 750 words shall be submitted for consideration.
The abstract shall contain:
- Title of paper
- Synopsis of the Paper
- Conclusion indicating author’s perspective.
- Name and title Postal addresses e-mail addresses and Telephone numbers of all contributors.
In case of co-authorship, each author will have to register separately in the event of participation in the conference.
Guidelines for Submission of full paper:
- Length of the paper shall be less than 4000 words (including foot notes)
- Format: MS Word, Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Point, Line Spacing: 1.5
- For title of the Paper 14 point capitals may be used
- Name and Designation of the author/authors shall be mentioned below the title of the paper
- Harvard Blue Book Style (20th edition) shall be used for citation
Revision (if any) suggested by the reviewer of the paper shall be included. Revisions suggested are on the basis of blind peer review.
Best Paper Awards
Awards will be given for the best research papers from Graduates, Post Graduates and Research Scholars.
Fee for the conference material
The fee for conference material for academicians, practitioners and other professionals is Rs 500/- and for students and research scholars is Rs 250/-
Last date for Abstract submission: 29th September, 2018
Communication of status of abstract: 1st October, 2018
Submission of Full length papers: 9th October, 2018
Date of Conference: 11th October, 2018
Mode of Payment
Participants can make their payment either through online, NEFT or by cheque/ DD drawn in favor of Alumni Association Dept of Law with the below mentioned account details. Once payment is made kindly send the soft copy of the payment receipt to this mail:
Name of Account Holder: Alumni Association Dept of Law
Account Number: 1982101019537
Bank: Canara Bank
Branch: Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta, Kerala
IFSC: CNRB 0001982
For Query Please Contact:
- Dr. Gireesh Kumar J, Assistant professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala; Email ID:email@example.com; Mob: 9968313515
- Aathira Raju, Assistant professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala; Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mob: 9495680968
- Visruth Raveendran, Research Scholar, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala; Email ID: email@example.com; Mob: 9496815080, 7356079792
- Swetha Sasikumar, Research Scholar, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala; Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org; Mob: 8547673330
- Anoop C, President, Alumni Association, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala; Email ID: email@example.com; Mob: 9496353910
- Jijo Antony, Treasurer, Alumni Association, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala; Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mob: 8129825971
For brochure, click here.