Department of Law, Central University of Kerala, Thiruvalla Campus is organising an International Interdisciplinary Seminar on INTERNATIONALIZATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND CHANGING DIMENSIONS OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS on 7th to 9th February, 2019.
Call for Papers
The organizers of the Seminar calls upon the legal professionals, academicians from other social science disciplines, administrators, University students, young and upcoming research scholars, social activists and the representatives of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes
THEME 1: REALISATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE CONSTITUTIONAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE.
- National Integration of Human Rights and changing dimensions of fundamental rights.
- Role of Judiciary in implementing human rights and the evolution of public interest litigation
- Readdressing administrative law principles in the era of internationalisation of human rights
- Right to good governance
- Constitutionalizing socio economic rights
THEME 2: CHANGING PARADIGM OF STATE SOVEREIGNTY AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- Regional Human Rights conventions and its impact on State sovereignty
- Implication of globalisation and new economic policies upon Human Rights
- Role of Non State Actors in the protection of Human Rights
- New international mechanisms for the protection of human rights
- Development of international criminal law and evolution of International criminal court
THEME 3: HUMAN RIGHT DIMENSIONS OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSILIBILTY
- Human Right violations by Multi National Corporations – Precautionary and Remedial Measures
- Legal measures to ensure corporate social responsibility – Scope and Limitations
THEME 4: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- Human Right issues related to biotechnology and Patenting
- Human Rights Affiliation and Biodiversity Conservation – National and International initiatives to conserve bio diversity
- Balancing Right to Health and Patent protection- Legal implications and challenges.
- Right of Farmers and Intellectual Property Rights – National and International concerns.
THEME 5: CHANGING DIMENSIONS OF RIGHTS OF VULNERABLES.
- Constitutional protection of rights of women, children, disabled and other vulnerables
- Rights of Refugees, Asylum seekers, Stateless and Displaced persons
THEME 6: NEW HORIZONS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- Concept of right based approach to development
- New mode of governance to sustainable development – Policy interventions and mechanisms.
THEME 7: THIRD GENERATION HUMAN RIGHTS AND NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY
- Evolution and Implications of third generation human rights
- Collective developmental human rights – Rights of ethnic and religious minorities
- Right to self determination
- Right to Peace and weapons of mass destruction
- Emerging trends in environmental jurisprudence
- Maritime law and human rights , issues relating to jurisdiction and piracy
THEME 8: COMPETING HUMAN RIGHTS, BALANCING AND RECONCILING CONFLICTING HUMAN RIGHTS
- Individual interests and technology crossroad: privacy and technology
- Acknowledgement of new gender identity and transformation of personal liberty
- Collective interest and technology crossroad: Space debris v. Right to development
Prof. Pamela Sue Katz, J.D. Professor of Legal Studies and Political Science, The Russel Sage Colleges, New York.
Abstract & Paper Submission
An abstract not exceeding two pages shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall contain:
- Title of paper
- Synopsis of the Paper
- Reference materials
- Conclusion indicating author’s perspective
- Presenter(s) name and title
- Postal addresses
- E-mail addresses and
- Telephone numbers of all contributors
The abstract should be mailed to Dr. K.C.Sunny, Professor and Head, Department of Law, School of Legal Studies, Central University of Kerala (email@example.com) on or before
October 10, 2018. October 24, 2018.
Notice of selection of abstracts will be made through email by
14th 26th October 2018. The guidelines of submission of full paper will be intimated to the selected candidates. Those who are selected have to send their research paper on or before November 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts and papers shall be screened by a committee in a blind, peer review process and the papers approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the conference.
Abstracts and full papers mailed to email@example.com will only be considered.
Best Paper Awards
Awards will be given to the students for the best research paper each from Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral level. Awards will be given on the basis of following norms:
- Novel Contribution, Originality in Thought and Inferences
- Research work
- Clarity, Precision and Coherence
- Language and Style
- Style of oral Presentation
Important dates (Revised)
- Last date for Abstract: October 24, 2018
- Communication of status of abstract: October 26, 2018
- Submission of revised abstract: October 28, 2018
- Submission of Full length papers: November 15, 2018
- Submission of revised papers: December 1, 2018
- Early Bird Registration: December 3-5, 2018
- Date of Conference: 7th, 8th and 9th of February, 2019
Registration fee and conference material cost
For Indian Delegates
- Students: Rs.1,000/-
- Others: Rs.3,000/-
For Foreign Delegates
- Students: USD 100
- Others: USD 200
For Query Please Contact Prof. (Dr.) K.C. Sunny, Professor& Head, Dept. of Law, Dean, School of Legal Studies, Central University of Kerala.
Phone: 0469- 2638130, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Gireesh Kumar J. (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 9968313515
- Dr. Jayasankar K.I. (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 8547275314
- Dr. Meera S. (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 9497808524
- Mrs. Aathira Raju (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 9495680968
- Swetha Sasikumar (Research Scholar): 8547673330
- Nirun R.N. (Research Scholar): 8547913171
For details, visit the official website given here.