“Riwaayat- Jalsa qisson ka”
Tehzeeb, The cultural committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow invites you to it’s annual cultural fest RIWAAYAT, a celebration of love, culture, memories and talent. We are back with the second edition of cultural extravaganza, welcoming universities across the country.
Riwaayat is to be a brilliant concoction of music, dance and creative arts while exhibiting rich crafts, Mughlai cuisine along with other side shows. Representing the creative fervor of law students, Riwaayat’19 is all set to be a platform showcasing talents from all over India in the city of Nawaabs.
The City of Nawabs is the perfect getaway. If there’s any place in India that captivates art, culture and food quite ergonomically, then it’s Lucknow. The food is a delight to devour upon specifically, the kebabs from Lucknow is famous all around the globe. Indulge yourself in the heartfelt endeavors of the cityscape and gourmet dishes.
This beautiful city is home to many architectural delights. It hosts many articulate monuments and structures. A few of them are Bara Imambara and Chhota Imambara which refers to the halls without pillars. The soul-touching ghazals and shayaris (also known as poems) originated in the royals courtrooms of the Sultanate. You would find yourself truly mesmerized with the offerings of this Nawabs city. RIWAAYAT brings to you an amalgamation of zealous competitions along with thrilling sub-events too:
- NRITYANJALI: The Solo and group dance competition. So put on your dancing shoes and get ready to groove with the beat.
- ALAAP: The solo and group singing competition. If you have a mellifluous voice that can steal hearts we have the stage set for you.
- NAQAAB: We await embryonic artists to showcase their theatrical skills.
- NUKKAD NATAK: The audience, especially youth, connects with what’s powerful, empowering and vivid. This is your platform to address and make an appeal regarding underlying issues of the society.
- SPRING MUSE: The joy of dressing is an art, it’s time to play with array of colours and dazzle in vibrant outfits.
- THUNDERSTRUCK: The Battle of Bands, the title is self-explanatory. One of the most avid events to put the stage on fire and make the crowd go crazy.
- ZAHANAT: Rack your brains quizzers!
That’s not all. We also present to you
- The Pro-night Party which would hold you spellbound and create an everlasting memory.
- A Qawaali Night which will introduce you to the enriching culture of Nawaabs.
- All Kinds of Lucknawi cuisines will be available around you under one place
For bridging the gap and to give you a more riveting experience, we also have fillers and literary events, fill in the colours, mad ads, minute to win it, photo walk etc.
- The competition is open for all the people between in the age group of 15-35 years.
- Registration amount for all the events with accommodation: ₹1000/- Per person. (Includes free breakfast and pickup)
- Registration amount for all the events without accommodation: ₹500/- Per person. Note: If we will receive a contingent of 20 or more students from a single university a discount of 20 per cent will be given on the total registration amount of the contingent.
- The last date for filling the registration form is 10 January 2019.
How to register
- Participants are required to fill the Registration Form given here.
- You are required to fill in all your details in the form including the names of all participants of the contingent along with phone numbers of each.
- Once the registration is done you will receive a link of payment portal.
- After payment is successful take a screenshot of the ‘payment confirmation’ page and send it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations shall be confirmed only after receiving the screenshot.
Note: Only Thunderstruck participants need to upload a link of the video performance, on the basis of which first round of selection will take place and they will only proceed for payment after the first round of selection is over.
Registration Procedure for Thunderstruck Participants
- Fill the google form given above.
- Add a link of your band performing.
- The shortlisted bands shall be informed by the second week of January. (8 bands will be shortlisted)
- Only the shortlisted bands shall proceed to the payment portal and send us the screenshot of the successful payment at email@example.com
Please feel free to contact. We would be happy to answer all your queries about the fest.
Ankana Mukherjee: +91-8400807459
Rishi Sehgal: +91-9455063268
For updates, keep checking Riwaayat’s Facebook and Instagram pages. Also follow TehzeebRML and ThunderstruckBattle
The complete brochure can be accessed here and the rulebook can be accessed here.