The Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab invites submissions for Volume 2, Issues 1 and 2 of the CASIHR Journal of Human Rights Practice (CASIHR JHRP).
The theme for this volume is “The Paradox of Liberty: An Assessment of Freedom of Speech and Expression in Contemporary Times“.
Sub-Themes may include but are not restricted to:
- Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (SLAPPs) – A Boon or Bane to Freedom of Speech and Expression
- An Analysis of Free Speech and Hate Speech and the Difference, if any, between the two
- Balancing the Freedom of Speech with the Protection of Religious Sentiments
- A Re-examination of Defamation and Sedition
- Digital Challenges in ensuring Freedom of Speech – Internet Shutdowns, State Surveillance etc.
- Censorship of Books, Films and Bans on Events – A Critique
Only submission relevant to the theme will be considered.
Submissions can be made under the following heads:
1. Long Articles– Word limit of 6000 words.
2. Short Articles– Word Limit of 4000 to 4500 words.
3. Case Comments– Word Limit of 1500 to 2000 words.
4. Book Reviews-Word limit of 2000 to 2500 words.
Deadline for Submission: 30th August, 2018, by 11:59 PM.
All the submissions must be mailed only to email@example.com
with a cover letter specifying the following:
- Name of Author(s)
- Name and Address of Institution
- Contact Details – Address and Mobile No.