About Legum Auxilium: An Essay Competition
The Legal Aid Committee of National Law University, Nagpur is conducting the first edition of Legum Auxilium an online Essay Writing Competition for Undergraduates and Postgraduates from diverse disciplines with an objective to enhance the reading, writing and analytical skills of the students in the purview of Legal Aid and access to justice.
- Modes and mechanism for efficient and enhanced Legal Aid
- Customs and social practices: Hindrance to access to justice
- Access to legal aid to non-citizens
- Role of judiciary in access to justice
- Pro bono work: Need of the hour
- Need for legal literacy in the corporate world-a wakeup call
- Criminal Victimization
- Access to justice for marginalised section: Recent Trends
Eligibility Criteria and Rules for the Competition
- The competition is open to the students pursuing any Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in any University/College across the globe.
- The submissions must be mailed at email@example.com (in .docx format).
- Plagiarism of more than 15% shall result in disqualification.
- Only original essays on the selected text that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed.
- No identification marks exhibiting the identity of author must be found in any part of the essay.
- The citations must conform to the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- Word limit for the Essay is 2000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- The Essay must be in English, Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5-line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of A4 sheet.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10, single line spacing, text justified. Endnotes are not allowed.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- Late Entries shall not be accepted.
Anonymity and Biographical Information of the Author(s)
The manuscript must not have any indication of the identity of the author. However, a covering email/letter with the biographical information of the author(s) must be sent, which should include the following details: Name, E-mail address, Designation (Course and Academic Year, if applicable), Contact Details, Postal Address, Institutional affiliation.
The last date for submission of essay is October 30, 2018 up to 11:59 PM. All submissions will go through rounds of scrutiny and the shortlisted contributors will be duly informed.
Jury and Review Criteria
- Entries will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of impartial judges and academicians.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, style and organization, quality of analysis and quality of research.
- Essays will be judged anonymously.
- The winning submission will be awarded a Winner’s Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.10,000/-.
- The submission placed second will be awarded a Runner-Up Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.7,500/-.
- The submission placed third will be awarded a Second Runner-Up Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.5,000/-.
- All participants shall be given a participation certificate.
*Selected Essays will be published.
Copyright Policy and Indemnity for Liability
The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the National Law University, Nagpur.
Contributions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties and that the work does not contain any obscene, offensive, defamatory, or racially prejudiced material.
The National Law University, Nagpur reserves all the rights not to disseminate any prize if the submissions are not at par with the University standards.
All future queries maybe addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org