As the country has witnessed major paradigm shifts in various domains of criminal law in the recent times, Amity Law School, Noida has taken the initiative to organize this one of its kind conclave to foster intellectual curiosity among young minds about the ever-evolving nature of the crime and criminal law.
The Conclave provides a unique opportunity to law students all over the country to exhibit and cultivate their interests in criminal law by participating in diverse kinds of competitions like legal quiz, debate, legislative drafting and essay writing, which are being organized as part of this event.
In addition to this, we endeavour to contribute to the positive development of criminal law regime by organizing a ‘Panel Discussion’, where renowned experts, politicians and industrialists would come together to have a conducive discussion over some of the most important contemporary issues related to the functioning of the criminal justice system in India.
‘Draft a bill to reform the extant punishment regime in India to better cope with the ever-changing nature of crime.’
- This Competition is open to students (undergraduate/post-graduate) from all colleges in India duly recognized by UGC.
- Multiple teams from one institute are permitted.
- A team shall not have more than two members.
Format for submission
- The language for the competition will be strictly English.
- The font used must be Times New Roman, size 12, double line spacing, One-inch margin on each side typed on A4 sized paper.
- The font Type and Size of footnotes must be Times New Roman, Size 10, single line spacing and a uniform method of citation should be followed.
- The length of the bill should not exceed 35 pages.
- The cover page of the submission should include the Long Title of the bill along with the name of the Author(s), name of the institution, address, e-mail ID and contact number.
For further details, kindly find the brochure below.
Submission Guidelines and rules
- All Teams must send electronic copies of their legislative draft in “.docx” (Microsoft Word) and “.pdf” formats and such files shall be compatible with latest versions of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Files shall be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure anonymity, such files shall be named according to the team code and the “subject” of the submission email should clearly state the unique team code.
- All submissions will undergo strict online plagiarism checks. Any Submission found to be plagiarized will be disqualified.
- Any violation of rules regarding anonymity and plagiarism shall result in direct disqualification.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizing Committee will be final.
- First Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/- and Certificates.
- Second Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 7,000/- and Certificates.
- Third Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- and Certificates.
- The 4th and 5th position-holders would be given ‘Certificate of Merit’.
- All the participants shall receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
||Last Date of Registration
||Last Date of Submission
|1st week of September
||Announcement of Results
Registration fees is Rs. 1000 per submission.
For Online Registration and payment, click here.
In case participant(s) wish to register offline, the registration fees, along with accommodation charges i.e. Rs. 400 per person (if applicable), must be sent via demand draft in favour of “Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, payable at Noida”. A soft copy of demand draft, as well as Name of the Institution, Course and Contact Number(s), is to be sent through e-mail at email@example.com to us latest by 31st August 2018.
Further, the original demand draft has to sent to (by post or courier) to Dr. Aditya Tomer, Addl. Director Amity Law School, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201303 latest by 21st August 2018.
Note: Participants are requested to take a screenshot of Transaction ID after payment of participation fees and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via Whatsapp at +91 8527276207, to complete their registration
For any further enquiries and clarifications, contact:
- Vishwaditya Sharma: +91 7838039617
- Neelanshu Roy: +91 8860133168
For further details (including Concept Note, Submission Guidelines and General Rules, click here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.
This post was first published on:
23 Jul 2018