About the programme
Law library professionals work in a variety of settings in academic law libraries, state- and central government law libraries, Court houses, government agencies, private law firms etc. Though the career of a law librarian is similar to other career paths in a number of
ways, there are some significant differences ranging from the sources they consult (legal cases, statutes, treatises and so on) to the library users they deal with.
The concept of law librarianship in India is relatively new and on a developing level. Furthermore, with the emerging growth of law universities in India, and the growth of similar legal institutions, legal firms, the demand for this profession has increased immensely.
Law Librarians across the world have the responsibility to engage, develop and lead human resources. An effort in this direction is being made by organizing a four-day training programme on law librarianship at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar from 12 to 15 November 2018.
Main Objectives of the Training Programme
- To enhance basic skills and expertise in law librarianship.
- To assist library professionals to function more effectively in their present position by exposing them to the latest concepts, information and technological development and the skills required in these fields.
- To develop competent library professionals and prepare them for career progression and to occupy responsible positions.
- To provide them opportunities to interchange their experiences and expertise within peer groups.
- To create a cooperative environment among law library professionals
Dates: Nov 12-15, 2018
GUJARAT NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge
Corridor, Koba, Koba (Sub P.O.), Gandhinagar-382426,
Programme Fee: Rs. 2500 + GST (without accommodation)
For registration and payment link, click here.
Last date for application: 8th November 2018
Number of Seats: 35
For more information and registrations, please contact: Dr. Lagdhir Rabari Head. Library, GNLU Gandhinagar at email@example.com, Phone: +91 8128650825.
For official brochure, click here.