About the organizers
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a premier national law university established
under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the State of Gujarat, India, and
recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
Since 2004, the George Washington University Law School in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has hosted the IP Summit in India as part of its
India Studies Center. The annual event seeks to enhance education in the field of
intellectual property (IP) law. Participants include leading academics, industry leaders, lawyers, judges and policymakers in the IP field from the U.S., Europe, India and other Asian countries.
This is the first time that George Washington University Law School is offering this 2-Day Certificate Course in India. Attendees will learn patent law from the world’s leading authorities. Each attendee will receive a certificate from The George Washington University Law School.
Topics to be covered
Patent eligibility/ineligibility; Utility; Novelty; Non-obviousness; The Specification and Objective Disclosure Doctrines (Written Description and Enablement);
Claim Construction and Indefiniteness; and Infringement
Venue of course
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Dates of Certificate Course
03rd and 04th October, 2018
- Dean John Whealan, Associate Dean of Intellectual Property Law at George Washington University Law School
- Hon. Randall R. Rader, Chief Judge (retired), Court of Appeals of the Federal Circuit
- Prof. Huang Wushuang, Dean, IP School, East China University of Political Science and Law
- Prof. Dr. Prabuddha Ganguli, Professor, Rajiv Gandhi School of IP Law, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof. Dr. Raj S. Davé, GUJCOST IPR Chair, Gujarat National Law University, and Founder and President of Davé Law Group
Who can participate
- Research Scholars
- Students: Rs. 1500/-
- Academicians, Research Scholars: Rs. 2000/-
- Professionals: Rs. 2500/
Online payment link of fees here.
After payment of fees, kindly fill the Registration Form here.
- Ms. Hetvi Trivedi: 8128650886
- Ms. Vaishali Singh: 8128650838
For more details, check the official brochure here.