About the Conference:
GNLU in collaboration with ISC presents to you the 40th Edition of the Annual Criminology Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology.
In the previous annual conferences of the Society conducted at the Universities of various States and National Institutes, issues of national importance in the area of criminal justice system have been discussed with a view to assist the policy makers, legislators and law enforcement and correctional officers towards achieving an increased social defence. After
After conclusion of each of these conferences, the resolutions passed have been communicated to all the State Governments and the Central Government for their consideration and implementation.
It is gratifying to note that the governments have been evincing keen interest in these recommendations and some of them have been implemented. Apart from paper presentations, the conference shall also include poster submissions.
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Dimensions of Crime and Criminal Justice System: Contemporary Issues and Challenges
- Crime and Development: Economic Offences, Organized Crimes, Terrorism, Media and Crime.
- Crime, Technology and Law: Issues and Challenges in the Investigation of Cyber Crimes, Social Media and Crimes, Application of Technology in Criminal Justice Administration.
- Hate Crimes: Caste Conflicts, Communal Violence, Ethnic Violence, Crimes against Scheduled Tribes, Crimes against LGBT, Religion as a regulatory role, Hate Speech.
- Criminal Justice Policies: Police, Judiciary and other law enforcement agencies, Juvenile Justice and Criminal Justice Reforms.
- Prison Reforms: Young offenders, Borstal Schools and other Correctional Programmes, Prisoners’ Rights, Community Based Treatment of Offenders including Probation, Parole, Community Services, Prison Industries, After Care Programmes, Community Participation, other alternative dispute resolution methods and other restorative justice approaches.
- Victim Jurisprudence: Victims of Abuse of Power, Women, Child, and Elderly, Environmental crimes, Reporting Behavior of Victims.
Who Can Attend:
This conference is aimed at educators, researchers, academicians and practitioners in the area of Crime, Development, Criminal Justice Policies, Social Sciences, Members from Judiciary, Police, Prison, Policy makers, Members from civil society and NGOs scholars from security industries and students.
The conference will have a balance of lectures and presentations from the academic as well as the practitioners’ perspective and will have renowned speakers. It is aimed at creating a platform for a healthy exchange, debate and development of ideas and emerging issues in the area of Crime, Development and Criminal Justice Policies.
- There is no restriction on the number of co-authors. All such author and co-author(s) will have to compulsorily and separately register themselves by paying the requisite registration fees.
- At least one person amongst the author or co-authors has to be present for presenting the paper.
- Only those who are submitting the full paper can attend the conference and present their paper.
|Last Date for Abstract/Poster submission
||31st October, 2017
|Communication of Abstract/Poster Acceptance
||10th November, 2017
|Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees (Early Bird)
||20th November, 2017
|Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees
||10th December, 2017
|Last Date for Submission of Full Paper
||10th December, 2017
|Last Date for Submission of Paper for ISC Best Research Paper Award
||31st December, 2017
Registration and Payment Details:
Early Bird Registration for Paper/Poster Presentation (On or Before 20 November 2017): The acceptance of abstracts/ Posters will be intimated by 10th November 2017. There will be a discounted registration fee for authors paying the registration fees on or before 20th November 2017. The fee shall be as below:
- Foreign Delegate: US $ 100
- Academician: Rs. 1500/-
- Students/ Research Scholars: Rs. 1000/-
- Other Delegates: Rs. 1500/-
- Accompanying Person (If Any) (Maximum One): Rs. 1500/-
Late Registration for Paper/Poster Presentation (On or Before 10 December 2017):
- Foreign Delegate: US $ 150
- Academician: Rs. 2000/-
- Students/Research Scholars: Rs.1500/-
- Other Delegates: Rs. 2000/-
- Accompanying Person (If Any) (Maximum One): Rs. 2000/-
Note: Registration Fee includes breakfast, lunch and conference kit.
Limited free accommodation available for 100 participants at the University campus only on first come first serve basis. Registration fees once paid will not be refunded. No TA/DA will be paid by the organisers or the University. The days of booking shall be counted as mentioned conference dates only. Additional stay would be chargeable on prior intimation to the Organising Secretary.
Note: Registration fees must be paid only after the selection of abstract/poster is communicated. A payment link for the same will be e-mailed to selected authors.