At the Centre for Law and Policy Research (CLPR), we focus on addressing discrimination at the intersections of caste, gender, sexuality, and disability and other minorities through law.
As a part of this work, we are excited to announce The CLPR Equality Fellowship.
CLPR will select 6 Equality Fellows to engage in litigation and advocacy that responds to intersectional discrimination in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
We invite young lawyers who are motivated and committed to working with equality and anti-discrimination law to apply for this 2-year Fellowship.
The Equality Fellows will engage in litigation and advocacy in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, to work with communities facing discrimination on the basis of caste, gender, disability, sexuality, gender identity and minority status.
This will include enhancing the implementation of various equality laws including:
- The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 (SC/ST Act)
- The Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (PCRA)
- The Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993 (The Manual Scavengers Act)
- The Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2016
The CLPR Equality Fellowship is a paid, two-year opportunity which will be awarded to 6 young lawyers keen to pursue the practice of public interest law on a full-time basis.
CLPR will provide the Equality Fellows with training and support necessary to make an impact on the quality and delivery of legal services to marginalised communities.
- Successful candidates will be young, talented lawyers who demonstrate a strong interest in rights-based advocacy and a commitment to public interest law
- Law graduates with an L.L.B degree who have a minimum of 2 years of litigation experience
- Applicants should be registered and enrolled with the Bar Council of India
- Should have a working knowledge of either Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam or Tamil
- Should have excellent writing and drafting skills
- CLPR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages persons from SC/ST backgrounds, minority religions, LGBTQI+ persons and persons with disability to apply
Applicants must submit:
- A signed and completed CLPR Equality Fellowship Application Form
- Two (2) writing samples (published articles, essays, blog posts) between 500-2000 words
- Applications to be submitted by November 30, 2018, 11:59 pm IST
Please combine all attachments in a single PDF file labelled with “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name].” Email the PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line: “[Your Name]- Equality Fellowship Application”
Click here for the official website.
This post was first published on: November 5, 2018