Applications are invited through ONLINE for General Recruitment to 26 posts of Civil Judge in the State Judicial Service, comprising of 21 vacancies to be filled under Direct Recruitment, and OS vacancies to be filled under Recruitment by Transfer.
- Direct Recruitment: A person who has been practicing for not less than three (3)
years as an Advocate, as on the date of publication of the notification/advertisement in the news papers, shall be eligible to apply for the post of Civil Judge under Direct
- Recruitment by Transfer: A person applying under Recruitment by Transfer must possess a Degree in Law awarded by any University established by Law in India. No person is eligible for appointment under Recruitment by Transfer, who is facing disciplinary charges or has undergone any punishment or is in subsisting punishment for any irregularity in discharge of his/her duties. Confirmed members or approved probationers in the categories named hereunder are eligible to apply for the vacancies earmarked for Recruitment by Transfer.
- Section Officers, Court Officers, Scrutiny Officers, Accounts Officer, Court Masters, Personal Secretaries to Judges, Personal Secretaries to Registrars, Translators and Deputy Section Officers, Overseer, Assistant Section Officers, Computer Operators, Assistant Librarian, Assistants, Readers, Examiners, Telex Operator, Telephone
Operator, Typists and Copyists of the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Chief Administrative Officers, Senior Superintendents, Stenographers Grade-I, II
Superintendents, & III, Senior Assistants, Junior Assistants, and Typists of the Judicial
Ministerial Services of the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh;
- Assistant Public Prosecutors, Senior Assistant Public Prosecutors, Additional Public Prosecutors Grade-II; of Prosecution Services of the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh;
- Section Officers in the Law Department of Secretariates of the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh;
- Section Officers in the Legislature Departments of the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh; and
- Managers of the Offices of the Advocate General; Government Pleaders and Public Prosecutors of the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh;
An applicant applying under Direct Recruitment shall be a person who has not completed the age of 35 years as on first day of the month in which the notification inviting
applications for such appointment is published in the news papers i.e.01-09-2018.
Relaxation in age limit applies to SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates.
An applicant for Recruitment by Transfer shall be a person who has not completed the age of 48 years as on the first day of the month in which the notification inviting applications for such appointment is published in the news papers i.e.,1-09-2018.
The selection process will comprise of:
- Screening Test (Computer Based Test) for 100 marks comprising of 100 multiple choice objective type Questions. The duration of examination will be two(2) hours.
- Written Examination consisting of the following three (3) papers will be held. (The object of written examination is to test the academic knowledge of the candidates.)
I) Civil Law,
II) Criminal Law and
III) English Translation test for 30 marks and Essay Writing test for 70 marks. (Translation has to be made from English language to either Hindi or Telugu language only.) Each paper shall carry 100 marks. The duration of each paper is three (3) hours.
- Viva-Voce, which shall carry 50 marks. Any candidate who remains absent for the Viva-Voce for the post of Civil Judge shall be deemed to have been disqualified for selection. (The object of Viva-Voce is to assess the suitability of the candidate for the cadre by judging the mental alertness, knowledge of law, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, skills, attitude, ethics, power of assimilation, power of communication, character and intellectual depth and the like of the candidate.)
How to apply
The application will be available in the official website of the High Court (Click here) from 4.10.2018 to 3.11.2018.
The Last date for submission of Online Application is 3.11.2018 upto 11.59 p.m.
Hand written/ Typed/Photostat copy/Printed Application Form will not be entertained
either directly or by Post or by Courier or in person.
For full details and examination pattern, view the official notification given here.
This post was first published on:
3 Oct 2018