Introduction to University
Chandigarh University is a multi-disciplinary, leading institute in the northern India which is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research. It has been established through State Legislature Act, of Punjab and is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
About 3rd National Seminar
“Cooperative Federalism” it is a concept of federalism in which national, state, and increasingly local governments interact cooperatively and collectively to solve common problems, rather than making policies separately. Cooperative federalism requires robust institutions and mechanisms for promoting intergovernmental relations.
In brief, an essential element in cooperative federalism is clarity in assignment of functions among different levels of government and mechanisms for discussions and conflict resolution. This is achieved through Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) within federations which take many forms and may be exercised through a variety of mechanisms, formal and informal or both.
Several times It has been observed that whenever the center government is in full majority then the Federalism is little bit in endanger and when the center have coalition government then the federalism become strong.
3rd National Seminar (One day) to be held on 31st March, 2018
- Competitive Cooperative Federalism
- Comparative study of cooperative federalism with special reference to USA, Australia and Canada;
- Cooperative Federalism vis-à-vis Centralization of power in Post Independence Era;
- Green federalism, impact upon Finance relations Between Union and States after GST;
- Registration for attendees: till March 26, 2018
Method of Registration
Interested participants have to make a registration through mail at the mentioned with the subject “Request as an Attendee”. Email address email@example.com till 26 march, 2018. and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Prof (Dr.) J P Yadav, Director UILS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Ankita Bali (Faculty Convener): +91-9878166620
- Ramashish Byahut (Student Convener): +91-8279952001
- Vivek Sharma (Co-Convener): +91-8868068244