About the Institute
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to Be University’s New Law College, Pune is one of the premier institutes consistently ranked amongst the top law colleges in India. The College has secured 6th rank by India Today Magazine (4th Factual) in its special issue of 2017, 5th rank by Outlook Magazine- 2017, 3rd Rank by Careers 360 Magazine – 2017 and 5th Rank by the WEEK Magazine-2017.
Recently in 2017, the College is re-accredited with ‘A+’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), an organization that assesses and accredits institutions of higher education in India. The Ministry of Human Resource Development has also conferred ‘A’ Grade to our institution. Besides this, the College has also received the ‘Gold Star Award’ from the Bar Council of India.
The institute has grown from mere a sapling to an ark, and has recently marked the completion of its 50 glorious years of existence and academic excellence in the arena of education. Recently, we have celebrated the Golden Jubilee Year and commemorated the journey of our institute by rejoicing the illustrious path of academic and intellectual triumph.
About the Journal
Bharati Law Review (BLR) is Quarterly double-blind Peer review academic journal, published & print.
It focuses on issues related to Administrative Law, Civil Procedure Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure Law, Domestic Law, Economic Law, Environmental Law, Intellectual Property Law, Private International Law, Public International Law, Media Law, E-commerce, Banking, Insurance, Information Technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security, and emerging trends in allied subjects.
The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for Volume VII, Issue 2 (October) 2018.
We welcome submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community. We have a strong preference for articles that assert and defend a well-reasoned position.
Call for Papers
Bharati Law Review ISSN 2278-6996 is a quarterly double blind peer reviewed journal. We look forward to submissions from members of the Bar, Bench and the academia. Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short articles, case comments, legislative notes and book reviews.
The last date for submission of papers is 25th October, 2018.
Nature of Contributions
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000-5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges challenging existing paradigms/norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000-5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the author may decide to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th ed.). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Abstract: Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 350 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A document with biographical information of the authors must be given in the footnote of Author’s Name including the following details: Post, Email address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
Submissions shall be made on or before 25th October, 2018 by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
SUBMISSIONS should be made along with Plagiarism Test Report and Author details.
All submissions shall be made in a prescribed Sample format.
For more details click here.
Cell: +91- 9890845670 (Dr. Sapna Deo, Sr. Co-ordinator)
Or write an email at email@example.com.