The Law Society, Department of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Murshidabad Centre (W.B.) pleased to announce the first edition of National Essay Writing Competition, 2018 in collaboration with MSH Legal: Advocates & Legal Consultants, New Delhi.
Theme: The theme for the essay competition is- “Access to Justice: Need for Reform”
We have left the topic fairly open-ended, and participants can choose a specific issue that falls within the ambit of the theme. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mold it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
The competition is open for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of any stream studying in any of the recognised College/Department of the University in India.
The participation is Rs. 150/- (non-refundable) only payable by Paytm on- 8972070127
- Participants are allowed to submit one essay only, multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification. Co-authorship is also not permitted.
- The paper must be accompanied by a covering email providing the participant’s name, age, address, institutional Identity card and proof of payment of the entry fee.
- Submission must be the original work of the author. Plagiarism would lead to immediate disqualification. All sources and authorities must be acknowledged through footnotes. Original views are strongly encouraged than excessive citation of the published public information.
- Submitted papers must not have been published previously and must not be offered for publication in any other medium.
- All submissions must conform to the uniform style of citation.
- Submissions should be neatly typed in size 12, Font Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing, Margins 54 all sides, double line space and not exceeding 2,000-2,500 words in the English Language, Excluding footnotes
- Submission should be made with the subject line- AMUCM National Essay Writing Competition, 2018.
- All submissions must be made on or before 11:59 PM, 15th April 2018.
- Please send your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org
The result of the essay writing competition will be declared by 30th April 2018.
The first, second and third best entries will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 7,000, Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 3000 respectively along with the certificate of merit. All participants will be issued E-Certificate.
For any query, feel free to reach us at email@example.com
or contact the following:-
- Mohd Imran- (+91-7076681156)
- Hamza Khan (+91-8972070127)
- Mohd Ashraf (+91-9616342491)
Click here for Brochure.
The Law Society, AMU Murshidabad Centre (W.B.) would like to congratulate every participant of the 1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2018. The theme of this edition was Access to Justice: Need for Reform.
The winners of this essay competition are as follows:
1st Position– Heena Praveen- WBNUJS Kolkata – Rs. 7,000 Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit
2nd Position- Mohd. Shakeib Naru- UPES Dehradun – Rs. 5,000 Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit
3rd Position- Shashank Saurabh- NUSRL RANCHI – Rs. 3,000 Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit
We would also like to announce that the following participants have been ranked amongst the top 10 entries by our esteemed panel of judges. They shall each receive a Certificate of Appreciation for their insightful contribution to the competition.
- Saima Afreen- Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies, Durgapur (WB)
- DharmaTeja Numburi, NLSIU, Bangalore.
- Palak Jain- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Anurag Kumar Tiwari- DSNLU, Visakhapatnam